Hey!

• Matthew Alexander
    10 years ago

My name is Matthew and I'm 25. I have been writing poems and such since I was about 18 years old. It is something I thoroughly enjoy doing. I'm a very outgoing person and I have a thirst for making myself and everyone around me happy. I'm a very kind person, even to strangers :). I mostly write about love because lets face it, is there really anything that makes a person feel better than being loved!? I have a wonderful gf who makes me laugh, smile, and absolutely love life. She is a great insperation to my writings! If you would like to read some of my work please do! Comments and critiques are always welcome :)

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

You sound like you have a good life and that's awesome. What inspired you to start writing?

• Matthew Alexander
    10 years ago

I do :) I am very blessed to have the people that I do in my life! I started writing as a way to get out feelings and stuff that I was going through at the time. It just so happened that I ended up being pretty good at it so I continued to write :) how about you?

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Mine is a sad story. I starting writing poems after my best friend died. I needed to let my feelings out. I haven't lived a good life.

• Matthew Alexander
    10 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear that :( life is never an easy road. My mother was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago, so I understand the pain. But going through the tough times and continuing on is what really defines a person. I've had a long tough road myself ( I know I'm only 25 but I've be through more than most) and I continue to be happy and love each and everyday :) just gotta keep smiling!

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

That is truly amazing and I am so sorry to hear about your mother that is very tough. But I am glad you can see the good in life. You are a better person than I for that. Depression seems to have me captive

• Matthew Alexander
    10 years ago

Just stay positive and you'll get through it! Can always send a message if you need to talk :)

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Thanks that means a lot. I'm just gonna go cry myself to sleep because I'm emotionally beat to death. Goodnight.

• ZinaZonic
    10 years ago

Slight life envy right now :)
    you sound blessed

• Matthew Alexander
    10 years ago

Haha why thank you. I haven't been on in a while! Sorry for the extremely late response!

• silvershoes
    9 years ago

Awesome introduction. It's a breath of fresh air to read such enthusiasm for life. It's all about perspective. Having your mental health doesn't hurt either :P

I noticed you and Redangelwings are around the same age. From the U.S. too, hey!