About desserts aha!

• GB
    9 years ago

I know it's a poetry site, still this forum is for "other" isn't it? ~wink

Well, members, I need a good recipe for donuts... I tried many ways but still couldn't bake it as it should be.

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

• GB
    9 years ago

I see, thank, I'll give it a try and let you know.

I usually use both the baking powder and the yeast extract. The main problem is that once I put it in the frying oil, it cracks.

• GB
    9 years ago

Lol

No, it's not king-size, it's medium and very light. Most of the good chiefs in my part of the world recommend using both for good baking, and for the pizza as well. but to be honest very little amount of baking powder less than half tea spoon... Reason of the cracking?! maybe.

• Dark Secrets
    9 years ago

Yeast is a type of fungi, thus a live ingredient, it needs sweetness, warmth and humid to help raise the dough (it grows and multiplies).
    Baking powder is chemical, it reacts with the heat and produces air.

Some recipies use both, I don't think that was the reason behind the craking.

Dough cracks for many reasons;
    It could be the density of the dough (too thick, or too watery will make it break)
    Heat and amount of oil (donuts should be deep fried, too much heat with raw - not frozen dough- will make it break)
    Fliping the dough around too much also makes it crack.

I've made donuts before, but I have no idea which recipie I used. It was something from the internet though.

My suggestions:
    Search for ''easy donut recipie''
    put your dough in the freezer for about an hour before you intend to fry it.
    Use a deep fryer or a large skillet with plenty of oil
    Make sure the oil is heated well before you fry your dough.

Good luck!
    hope it works

• GB
    9 years ago

Thank you very much Zahra, I will keep your remarks in my mind.
    A relative of mine told me yesterday that I must cover the donuts with cellophane sheets after making them, and let them rest for half an hour before frying.

I will try all those ideas.