Dose anyone kno any good contests?

• Lisa Carter
    18 years ago

i really want to share mypoems and like enter them in contest to see how good i am and i really want to know if anyone can give me names of sum good sites..
    THX

Lisa Carter

• squirttt
    18 years ago

yes, you can enter your poems at:

poetry.com
    poetryamerica.com

and that's all i know for now bc i entered mine and made it into the semi-finals. i recommend that all you writers submit your best poems too!

actually, if you just do a general yahoo search or google search for poetry contests, you'll get a lot to choose from. good luck writers!

• squirttt
    18 years ago

yeah, i've been reading a lot about that stuff too. well then, i wonder, how are you supposed to ever get your poems out and stuff? and how are you even supposed to know if the stuff isnt a scam?

• Mel
    18 years ago

There was a wellington boot throwing contest on over the holidays at the Snooty Fox pub near tadcaster, west yorkshire. That was a fair event. the winner being a plummer called Phil Hardcastle, who threw his boot (overarm) 47.2 metres. That was some fucking effort for a first time throw, don't you think?

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    18 years ago

Allpoetry Does, I've Only Won One Contest And Recieved 300 Points On The Site And The Trophy, You Should Check It Out xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Nikki...I checked out allpoetry.com. It is AWESOME!! Thanks for suggesting it.