Can Someone Help Me Answer A Question PWEEZE?!

• Broken Tears
    18 years ago

Ok... so i have a question about the weekly contest winners that are showcased on the p-a-q homepage. How do they choose who wins? Because I know i have a poem that is doing better than one they have chosen as a winner. How do they decide who wins? Is it random? Or do they actually go through and find ones that are doing the best? Or how do they decide? If someone could please help me understand, that would be great. Thanks!

P.s. I Don't Know If This Is In The Right Forum Or Not, I Couldn't Think Of Anywhere Else To Put It.

• Broken Tears
    18 years ago

No one can help?

• Andrea
    18 years ago

hmmm thats a good quesiton. i wonder that too! sorry i couldnt help

• Broken Tears
    18 years ago

See, like right now, all of the top rated love poems are doing worse than mine. My poem (which is a love poem in the love category) is doing WAY better than all of the ones that are "top rated" and there are ones doing even better than mine is, so why is mine not on there? Is it random, is it done by reputation? PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.

• the middle
    18 years ago

yeah id liek to know too... coz if its based on reputation then that doesnt really give everyone else a chance... its like the sayin u need experience to get experience.... im not a great writer... but id still liek to know how they choose them... hmmm...
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW?!

• EoB
    18 years ago

Doing way better?

What the hell do you mean?

• Broken Tears
    18 years ago

I mean it has more comments, and more votes, and a higher rating... thats what i mean.

• EoB
    18 years ago

That a poem has more comments than others, suggests nothing more than that the author visits the request to read forum more often.
    The same goes for more votes...

And the ratings are pointless, because so many retarded people in here rate poems high just so they too will get high rates...and people often rate other people's poems 1, so that their poems will look better..

and the best poems I have read do not have more than 4.6-4-7...

Never have I read a great poem with a clean 5

• Broken Tears
    18 years ago

well it doesn't matter now i deleted the poem. And i wasn't talking about just my poem, i was just using it as an example. but whatever. Doesn't matter.