Why do people just vote and dont comment?

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

*sigh* because alot of ppl, myself inculded are lazy and cant be bothered doing both and coz the 90sec thang pisses everyone off, not all of us have the patience

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

~Edited out!~

• Nookie
    19 years ago

Ymmv. haha. Christmalhalakwanzika or whatever, thats great, i love that commercial, theres a jedi in there somewhere..like star wars fans have their own religious backing now..scary.

anyways, i think that the big reason i dont comment sometimes is because i read the comments, and what i was gonna say has been said, so i vote and modestly go on my way, nobody likes repetition. other than that i would just be saying whats already been said on this thread, and i would be a hypocrite, what with the repetition rant.

alright thats about it for that little segment of segmentness..ciao.

Nookie.

• Lipton
    19 years ago

segment of segmentness... lol

People vote and don't comment:
    1) They are visitors and CAN'T comment
    2) People are lazy
    3) People don't think the poem was really all that good (most of the time, anyway, it's always "Good Poem")
    4) They think it's already got enoguh comments anyway

~Ciao Lipton

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that most people only give good comments and vote 5's on peoples poems because in most cases people will give you a 5 back.

• Nici
    19 years ago

Sometimes I don't comment on a poem because I can't find anything constructive to say.

When I first joined this site I used to put things like 'Good Poem' and 'Well Written' but I don't see the point in these sorts of comments any more. They don't help the poet to improve on their work and just seem like empty compliments to me.

I try to only comment on a poem if I can say something with more thought behind it.