Bored?

• Steven Topaz
    15 years ago

Look through your poems and see if their are any lengthy worthwhile comments to praise!! its very easy to do , doesn't take long and thats what most commentors exspect in return if they gave you a lengthy comment, sure they wanted to critique you and made you better but they also wouldn't mind having it praised, as far as I've seen people who make good comments are often rewarded with responsibilty. so if u get bored just look back at your poems then look at the comments!!

• Teria
    15 years ago

" I have read many lengthy comments
    and let me tell you, most of them were useless to the writer because they failed to point out the obvious faults of the poem."

^ I get so annoyed at that.

Lengthy comments are nice, when they actually help. So, I'd suggest reading before you praise.

• Steven Topaz
    15 years ago

Well im making a point here i could of gone into more depth about what comments to praise but i didnt, yes i hate when people copy the entire poem and just make it look long thats a fake comment where their acutal text is about a tenth of the length you know what im talking about

• Steven Topaz
    15 years ago

And also who checks these comments to make sure they are worthy?

• xToBeWithYoux
    15 years ago

Some people may find this worthwhile though. I've read through some poems, seen many faults, written a comment myself yet the poem remains the same with the same faults and a dozen worthy comments. I'm grateful to any comment I get, but some people just disregard them.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but it's true.

And yes, quality not quantity

• NewVesuvius
    15 years ago

Just to mix things up a bit, I disagree.

If you are looking to praise people's intelligence, then go for it, praise the quality of comments.

But if you are looking to thank people for taking time out of THEIR lives to write about YOUR poem, i.e. their effort, then feel free to praise quantity. It's the thought that counts right? We don't ignore grandma because she buys us out-of-fashion knitwear for Christmas do we? Or are are you so vain to ignore the long comment and suggest that despite all that effort there is no quality, and he is too stupid to praise compared to the short comment.

=)

• Elizabeth
    15 years ago

It's been said already several times before, but I'll say it again.

It's not the length, it's the content.