What is the art of poetry?

• Invited
    14 years ago

I've always wondered what the art of poetry was and how one can master poetry. What scene has to be set for one to posess a true brilliant piece of work for any reader.

~Chins~

• Invited
    14 years ago

Thanx for your comprehensive answer

• SpriteRight
    14 years ago

The art of poetry is most definitely the mind set someone is in while writing and thereafter, what's created.

• Ankita Chobey
    14 years ago

The Art of Poetry is that overwhelm of emotion that cannot be held inside the heart and controlled by the brain and has to anyhow be expressed in the form of articulated expression which would totally replicate the poet's mental state on to the paper and would soothe his/her unsatiated feeling of expressing himself/herself deeply and thoroughly.

• Indian Comma Bean
    14 years ago

The art of poetry for me is not the poetry itself, but what I have taken from it. I find myself seeing the world in a different hue, where everything is something else. A dusty window becomes an overwhelming sadness, a dewdrop in the morning grass becomes a tale of rebirth. I find that I see the world for something much more beautiful that perhaps I would have had I not starting writing.

• Baby Rainbow
    14 years ago

I think it's also about how it makes others feel, a poem written from one person to another can be a great and irriplacable gift. xxx