Forum Rules

• Italian Stallion
    14 years ago

Forum Rules

1. The number one rule is that each member be given the utmost respect when posting a sincere thread. If you have an opinion, thought, idea or disagree wholeheartedly with the thread, by all means be heard, but be heard tactfully and respectfully. If the initial thread violates the rules of this site, it is not up to the members to berate that individual, they will be dealt with within the realm of the sites rules by the mods or the administration.

Threads or posts that will be terminated upon sight by a mod without warning or explanation are as follows:
    Offensive racial remarks vulgar, nasty sexual content....Certain words will automatically get you banned, that is out of respect for the many women and children on this site.
    The word "retarded" when used to state your opinion of someone will get you a penalty....the correct term is developmentally disabled, we have many members here who have loved ones afflicted with such a plight and it is very offensive to them.
    Also there will be times when we run across a post where the wording is so offensive and does nothing but berate an individual, group or race, that to leave it upon the boards even for a second is offensive to the entire site and the internet community, in those rare cases that too will be deleted with penalty.

These forums are supposed to be used for discussions, not to attack each other, or to make another member feel inferior.

2. Do not post your email address, personal address, myspace account, or any other pertinent personal information within the forum. This is a rule to help us protect the younger members from would be child predators and also to stop members from getting unwanted spam

3. Do not post your poetry or links to your poetry within the forums, except within the contest forums, request/comment forum or special contests.

4. There is a forum called request to read/comment, that is the only forum in which you are allowed to post your requests for other members to read your work. Also do not answer a thread like this, yes I feel like that to, I even wrote a poem about it called "my parents hate me", that is a slick way of getting someone to check out your poem.

5. Do not report stolen literature in the forums, if you see or read a poem that you know isn't the members original work, you must report it through the proper channels

6. The forums are for discussions, and are not to be used as a running IM session (friendship forum is the exception) between 2 or more members, also do not post consecutive posts, especially since there is an edit button and you can add to your post if you want

7. Do not post anyone's personal name outside of the members in a thread. Example, "my teacher Mr John Adams tried hitting on me"

8. If you belong to a group, do not air group business in the general forums, handle it within the group, and if that can't be done, PM a mod..."what goes on in each perspective group should stay in the group".....

9. Any profanity within the heading of a thread will cause that thread to be deleted immediately and a penalty issued, without an explanation. This is your explanation

10. I'm bored threads are not acceptable, we are all bored at some point and yet we all have imaginations to keep us occupied, also I might be pregnant what shall I do threads are just ridiculous, first find out if you are and then we can possibly help discuss your options

11. Threads that have five or more of the same topics in the archives will be locked and you will be told about the search forum feature. If you want to bring up and old thread and add to it, that's fine as long as you have something to add and have stayed on topic.

12. All posts with all caps will be deleted without penalty, unless the offender has been warned repeatedly.

13. This is not a dating site, all posts saying I need a girlfriend/boyfriend "soliciting from the site" will be deleted

14. All posts pertaining to self harm and cutting are to be placed within its own stickied thread atop the depression/sadness forum

15. Avatars must be appropriate, the owner of the site has stated he doesn't want any nudity, profanity, or self harm avatars displayed. Violators will be sent a message via the pm system to remove or change the offensive material, the time limit will be a week, unless it is so offensive it shocks the conscious of society you will be given 24 hours notice, if it isn't removed your account will be.

16. Any member who is under suspension can not post in the forums under a different account, if you are caught your new account will be suspended as well, so we suggest everyone that is under suspension at this time appeal, and when doing so, please state why you were suspended, and what your intentions are in having your account reinstated. We are about to show a lot of lienency. Child predators and literary thieves need not apply for appeal.

17. There is to be no profanity or offensive tags in your s/n (screen name)

18. Do not start a thread asking people to pm you if they need help with something, that's what the forums are for, if someone posts a problem that you feel you have a great solution for and you don't wish to post within the thread, then pm them, but don't solicit info from the forums

19. There are bound to be other things not mentioned that may arise and just because it isn't written in black and white doesn't mean it can't be added or dealt with, so please use common sense and no crying foul, by saying "well, it isn't in the rules"

The monitoring and a brief summary on the penalties for above said infractions shall be forth coming.

**** When Janis updated the avatar feature I think he reminded everyone that they were to be practical, without being profane, or negative to the point of being offensive...I think some have forgotten that. Those of you that have forgotten, will be given 24 hours notice to remove the offending avatar....Thank you

**** The PM system is not to be used to solicit votes or a venue to send messages as to "read my poems and I'll vote on yours"...nor is it to be used to totally disrespect someone...In each case if it is reported you will be penalized.....

*** on another note, please do not questions why threads are locked one they reach 100 posts....we have agreed that it should be the cutoff amount or near it, if you want to start another thread on same topic after it has been locked. Then by all means do so....If the reason states that it was locked due to off topic, no longer productive, or became chaotic...do not open another one relating to said thread.....Thanks for your cooperation

--- keep in mind the site owner may at his discretion change any and all of these without notice