Help

• Twisted Angels Whispers
    13 years ago

I have the hardest time understanding poems that do not rhyme. I have written one in the past..but i find it difficult to find the meaning and/or the flow to most. How can i improve this?

• chind
    13 years ago

Well! This used to be a problem with me too, there were just some pieces which i could not understand! It sounded good and all, however i just get the meaning behind it, so what i did is i read the comments people have posted, because sometimes they talk about how they interpreted the meaning of the poem, and then i go back to read it and i try and pick out certain words and things that may have made them think that.
    - Now i dont have this trouble anymore, maybe because i am in this phase where i just read a lot of poetry!

However there are still times when i read it once and i think what? So i take abreak, and come back to it with a fresh mind and it just clicks. Maybe try reading it a few times so you can pick up on more things!

hope that helped:D

• Twisted Angels Whispers
    13 years ago

Thank you :) that definitly did help :) Do you think also researching different types of poetry would help too? Cuz i find im usually writting in the same technique almost every time and i want something new.

• chind
    13 years ago

Yay :D glad i helped!
    Well i have never really researched different types of poetry, i just kinda go with the flow. However they turn out is however they turn out! I think you should write how you are most comfortable with, however that doesnt mean you shouldnt challenge yourself :D Of course when you feel you are ready!

Defs try out that formed poetry :D i gave it a shot the other day, its challenging and new (Y)