Am I still In Love with Him...

• CountlessMoments
    12 years ago

What does it mean when your finally in a better relationship but you still think about your ex. The only thing is that, you only think about your ex when you and your bf fight, argue, fuss, etc...??

Does that mean You still love your ex? miss your ex? Just mad?? WHAT??

What if your ex treated you like ass all through the relationship, you caught him with another girl, ended it. Now that you found someone who is willing to basically do more than an extra mile for you, why is it that when you and him fight, your ex comes rushing through your mind like you miss him like crazy?!?!?!

What does it mean???.....

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

After you break up with someone, it's easy to remember only the good times. It makes you feel less bad or regretful about the situation. So then, when you argue with your new boyfriend, you think "Johnny would never have argued with me like this!" But... yes, he probably would have. And probably did, which is probably one of the reasons for your last relationship ending.

What I'm saying is, it's easy to overly romanticize the past, especially when your present is feeling particularly unromantic at the moment. It happens, but don't let it mislead you into thinking that there's something bad about your current relationship, or that your past one was untouchable. Both had (and have) their strengths and their flaws. Your past one apparently had fatal flaws, but maybe your current one doesn't need to. That's up for you guys to determine.

• CountlessMoments
    12 years ago

Oh wow, this got me thinking. Got me realizing. This is so true. I would use that Johnny situation on him but in reality, my ex treated me like shit.

Thank you so much, Now Im not so confused as how I was before!

• Ole Carsten
    12 years ago

This issue makes me think how many I know have contact with their ex. I admit I don't my self, but I think from time to time on the past relationships, and leave out the hard stuff, the reasons for breaking up, there is to much pain in that, maybe that is why we stick with the good memories?