Parents Oppinion

• LittleMissReality
    11 years ago

I've been dating my current boyfriend for 6 months, we broke up for almost 2 years and got back together. I was recently having a conversation with my dad about him, and my dad was telling me how he liked him as a person. I come from a very nicely dressed family and my boyfriend not so much. My dad was expressing his opinion on how this has bothered him for awhile. It has bothered me but not all that much it is something I can deal with. How do I approach him regarding this?

• Something Diabolical
    11 years ago

I can relate to this because i am the boyfriend who dresses badly.. well i wouldnt say badly but i normally wear combats and a hoodie.
    My girlfriend normally wears dresses and is quite well dressed, as is all of her family.

I don't think its a big deal as clothes don't make a person and everyone has a different way of dressing.

I would tell him out-right. I would want my girlfriend too if it was.. Though i know i wouldnt change my dress sence for her i would probably tone it down abit for her sake. (maybe not wear the hoodie and wear a jumper instead)

Hope this helps!