What do i do?

• Maydee
    10 years ago

So me and this guy have been talking about dating for over a year now. Within the past year i have fallen in love with him and he says that he feels the same way. We talk all the time and will do anything to make the other person happy. I don't like anyone else, and he doesn't like anyone else either. He is the only one i even think about being with anymore. I tried to have a boyfriend a few months ago but it didn't work out becuase of the feelings that I have for this guy. My problem is is that we aren't dating and i don't think we are ever going to date. I can't just stop loving him and move on, so I don't know what to do anymore. Should I keep trying to make him mine officially? Or should I just give up?

• xXxMidnight SoulxXx
    10 years ago

Depends will your love be able to try to make him yours or will your heart be like mine and say a certain time frame is enough and then move on no matter how painful it is

• Maydee
    10 years ago

Well i mean this is the longest i've waited for someone because i usually give up by now. But i mean he calls me his and i call him mine so i don't want to give up. I just want to be in a relationship with him so all the confusion would stop.

• Britt
    10 years ago

So.. why aren't you in a relationship ? Whats his reasoning?

• Maydee
    10 years ago

Apparently he is scared that he is going to mess things up even though i told him he wasn't going to. I guess he just doesn't feel comfortable being in a relationship.

• Britt
    10 years ago

I would move on. If he's going to spend this amount of time completely wasting your life but won't commit to you, it's not worth it. I get being scared but it's been a year, you both don't like anyone else. If he's not willing to budge and commit to you, I don't think it's worth your time.

• Maydee
    10 years ago

That's what other people say but when they see how happy he makes me they change their mind. I just don't know how much longer i can wait.

• dindee
    10 years ago

But it will hurt you that much...if he dont want to commit in a relationship...

then just enjoy each moment you have together...but dont hope too much.... =)

• Britt
    10 years ago

Yeah... regardless of how happy he makes you, he's stringing you along. If youre okay with that, then wait around. Like I said, if it were me, I would move on.

• dindee
    10 years ago

Hi brit...=)

yeah...you might get used to it..(making you happy)
    just dont end up crying....

• Maydee
    10 years ago

Okay, thanks for the advice. I think i'm going to take a day or two to really think about this.

• xXxMidnight SoulxXx
    10 years ago

Please be careful since both men and women do string the other sex along at times and often times don't mean to

• Maydee
    10 years ago

I will. If I think it's getting to the point where nothing is ever going to happen I'll just give up.

• Britt
    10 years ago

How much longer do you really need to see it though..? After a year.. thats a long time.

But sometimes you have to go through this to understand later in life what you will and won't put up with when you find your life-long mate.

As a teenager I put up with almost everything from boys because I was a lust-driven hormone-filled girl. Now as an adult and when I met my husband, he and I held very high expectations of one another, because we were ready to settle down and tired of the game.

So if all else fails no matter how it goes, it will end up being a learning experience for you in the future.. and truthfully that's never a bad thing.

(hi dindee!)

• Maydee
    10 years ago

I know it's a long time, but I don't want to think that all of the time that I have been waiting for him and all the things i've done for him were for nothing. I have really strong feelings for him and i'm always going to have them so I just need to learn what to do with them.

• On Cupids Bad Side
    10 years ago

Think about this, if he says he doesn't want to mess it up by making it official, 9 times out of 10 he's already doing something he knows you wouldn't like but isn't willing to give it up yet.
    Basically he wants to have his cake and eat it too. I've been there, unfortunately. Try to move on. Either he will realize what he lost, or you will realize that the feelings aren't as strong as you thought they were. Good luck!

• Angel
    10 years ago

Just give it time i know exactly how you feel