Lost & need guidance

• devon
    10 years ago

Hi, my name is Devon and I'm 21. I met the most amazing person when I was 14. Over 7 years we've been madly in love talking every day and spending as much time as possible with each other. I can honesty say she is my best friend & love of my life. The problem is the last year has been rough. We've came across a problem in our relatioship, so much of a road block we broke up. Although that happen we still had a relationship type of relationship (meaning we still talked, tell each other I Love You, kissed, and have sex, just didn't have the title). The last couple of weeks she's been saying she's busy, we havent been talking much or seeing. I feel like I'm losing her and I'm not sure whether to let her go and try to move on or fight for her because we've gotten through tough times before. Please help because I need to make the right decision for both of our happiness. Thanks

• BlueJay
    10 years ago

One of my teachers favorite advice was fight for what you love remove what you don't. I like that advice too, especially for your situation. If you arevhonestly in any sort of love talk to her. See where she stands find out what you want, and decide from there; if and only if you are also going to fight forwhat you love and remove what you ddon't.

• Britt
    10 years ago

Seven-year itch?

High school (and younger) sweethearts can work out. Sometimes. Sometimes they can't, because in that process of growing up, you definitely change. I am 100% not the same person I used to be seven years ago.

My husband was married before me, to his high school sweetheart. They started dating when they were 16 or 17, married at 23.. and divorced at 25. She wanted to go out and do the things she felt she wasn't able to when she became an adult (basically an excuse to go party and do foolish things). She needed to "find herself" (ended up being with another man). I think this happens a lot when you go straight from teenager to adult-hood in a relationship. One, or both, of you has that desire to try new avenues, answer the what ifs?

My mom and Dad were married for over 20 years and she left to "find herself", because she "lost her identity" being married to my Dad (err... what?).

I have so many patterns of this around me in my life so I am convinced it's a reality elsewhere, too. Perhaps thats what she is going through now.

The hardest part is deciding whether it's worth the wait, or do you move on? Only you can truly answer that. You're still young, so don't make any drastic decisions now. That's the nice thing about a choice - it doesn't have to made immediately.