Trust or love

• Aveena
    10 years ago

Let's just assume that love and trust DO NOT go hand in hand, which would you choose?

last night I was talking to my boyfriend we had a pretty mutual understand till, I don't know, last night when he started questioning my past. When I broke up with him (we dated before), and when I got with my ex dude. He then goes on to tell me that other girls have done and proved more to him but cheated on him. I went and rubbed that in which was wrong of me. But it lead to him telling me he loves me, but doesn't believe me. He thinks I'm cheating on him. I'm an honest person and honestly speaking he lives a two hour bus ride away from me, I'm not going to cheat on him, I might as well leave him cause he's so far. But I don't I put up with it cause I love him and I trust he's not doing anything beside my back and for him to think that about me is pretty low. For me, I would choose trust over love in this case, even though I do love him. I'd prefer to have his trust over anything.

what would you choose?

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

I agree trust is one of the biggest thing in life. This one is conflicting though. Because of my past I do not trust anyone either. But love is very comforting. I am going to say trust as well. Because before you can love you have to build up trust. Simple as that.

• Larry Chamberlin
    10 years ago

Without trust you might have excitement, enjoyment, even lust, but not love.

If he does not trust you, you will always know he has some reservations, something held back, that he will never share.

You, on the same score, will always feel that the relationship has a hollow core that can never be filled.

• Mimi Angel
    10 years ago

Trust is a fundamental element in any relationship, if we do not trust the person we can never go any further with them in the relationship.