Am i just being stupid??

• louise
    10 years ago

Ok so I'm with the guy, when we are together its great. theres just a few things which make me think is it all really worth it though. he knew I liked him for ages and we finally got together, couldn't of been happier. Since we have its like he cant be bothered to make any effort, im always having to go to his, but only when its convient for him, he wont make the effort with my friends but luckily he does with my family. I haven't seen him for a week and only sent each other the odd texts, been ignoring my phone calls and texting when it suit him, he told me he wanted space but I don't know if it was from me, which confuses me because we don't spend every much time together any way. he told me ive got to understand that he has other commitments..but doesn't everybody and they still fit partners in their lives around it. but like I said when we do actually see each other it is nice, I don't know if me just thinking too much and winding myself up or what, what do you think? i really like him but how do i get him to put more effort in?

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

From my 24 years of experience I think you cannot change people. If you try to change him he will be more hesitant and push you away more. Trust me on this. People in general dont like to be pushed into anything. Maybe give it time. If he truly doesn't change than move on because if you don't you will let him control your emotions and that's the last thing you want. It sounds like he wants space from you tbh. But you should live for you not anyone else.

• Sherry Lynn
    10 years ago

We are all busy and the truth of the matter is - if he wanted to spend time with you he would make the time.

It sounds like to me you have a choice to make here...

Either sit him down and tell him how you feel or just walk away.

It hurts feeling rejected; but in the end it hurts worse to stay in a relationship where you are not loved and valued.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I am totally with sherry. It does it hurt feeling rejected. But sometimes you do have to walk away to find yourself