50 Shades of grey

• Kevin
    9 years ago

Movie just came out. Apparently it is quite a good film that improves on the book in every way possible. I haven't seen it yet, but I am moderately involved in the Edinburgh Fetish scene , mostly through my photography.

I'm curious what people around here think of the movie/book or the fetish scene that sits behind both these things?

• gumshuda
    9 years ago, updated 5 years ago

All I know is I love the name of the book and movie... When I first heard of the book, I thought it was a mystery suspense book .. But when I got to know it was a romance book... It broke me lol... :p
    Oh I love the song 'love me like you do'

• Britt
    9 years ago

Not something I personally will be watching. I haven't read the books, but I've heard enough about it from people who loved it to know that it's definitely not my style.

It's interesting, some of the interviews I've read from the actors and how it has negatively affected their life. Did they not know what the role was before getting into it? Silly people.

• John Doe
    9 years ago

I am waiting to read that book and the movie is banned in India (like every other thing that would take it's society forward) so I'll be downloading it off torrentz.Would let you know once I read and watch it

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

You don't want to read the book NOR watch the movie, lets just say it's an MA book for a reason and BDSM is great just keep it to yourselves quiet literally I'm happy for those people that seem to enjoy that crud, I for one will like the old fashion no pain with my s-e-x-, oh wait what am I saying? I'm a virgin and proud of that lol.

• John Doe
    9 years ago

That's what my cousin said(whose more like a sibling to me) when I told her with a tight slap on my head.

• bequi
    8 years ago

I have the book for 3 years now and i havent read it... i just dont want to

but i did watch the movie with the guy i am dating, and i pay for the movie coz he doesnt like it-- or well, thats what he said

• Linda
    8 years ago

I loved it.

Funfact on the series: It was originally a Twilight fanfiction.

• Dark Secrets
    8 years ago

^ interesting... makes sense now.

Well, I don't really like the idea. It's an erotic novel and I'm more of a romance-comedy person. I don't like the idea of how the female (whatever her name is) is so submitted to Mr. Gray. I wouldn't watch the movie either. I think it would bore me.

That aside, there is this documentary I saw a while ago about BDSM, made by the BDSM society saying that the book/movie does not represent BDSM or the people who do it.