Romantic ways to give a ring to a girl

• Tammy
    18 years ago

My son is getting his girlfriend a ring for Christmas. Not an engagement ring!! He is too young for that (almost 16)
    His girlfriend is 16. She saw a very nice ring she liked so he got it for her. But she doesn't know he got it.
    My suggestion was to put it in the ring box, put that inside a red heart shaped box & fill the rest of the box with Hershey's hugs & kisses to hide the ring so it will be a surprise to her later. Then tie it with a very pretty ribbon maybe with a red rose. What do you think? Or does that sound lame??

Any other suggestions?

• JJ
    18 years ago

I think that's a great idea. girls love surprises

• alwaysremeniceus
    18 years ago

hmm... if you guys invite her over for dinner or they go out for dinner, have someone put the ring on top of dessert or something? or... the side of the dish >.> just incase if she doesn't see it first >.>...

but... if they can't be together in rl, guess he could copy my boyfriend, he bought us a pair of rings and had them engraved a few months ago, we can't be together in rl for now but you could kind of say its engagement ring? anyways.. he wears his, and he wears mine on a chain everyday until he can give me the ring himself...

kind of looks wierd for an 18 year old who is 6 ft tall to wear a ladies ring on a chain around his neck and my friend even laughed at him for it? but i think its really sweet and meaningful.

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Sunny, your idea is cute. He may like it. I will run it by him.

Also, a velvet bag may be better than the ring box.
    It would be more of a surprise that way I suppose. As soon as she sees the ring box, she will know what it is, with the bag she wouldn't.

Thanks for your suggestions.

His wife is going to be one lucky lady. He loves to buy flowers, gifts or just do special little things for his girlfriend....and his mom... LOL
    He's such a sweetheart.

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Well sorry sunny, he nixed the teddy bear idea...he said it is too common. He wants something different than what everyone else does.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

We are still open for more.

• Dominique
    18 years ago

well this one might be waaay out there but,

have him put the ring in a clear christmas tree ornament(sp?) an dhave words written arcross it in glitter saying i love you. place it on the tree and tell her to find it.

from personal expreince..i thought it was very romantic...i cried ( tears if joy of course)

hope this helps

• ellie
    18 years ago

HERSHYS HUGS AND KISSES...I LOVE THEMM...but you cant get them in da UK which COMPLETLY suz cock...cos there a dilish...soz...:s

• Unforgiven Retniap doolb
    18 years ago

Thats so sweet......I know I sound emotional but still thats sweet .......and yeh get her chocolate!!!

• Aimee Dawn
    18 years ago

Instead of giving her the ring in a gift you can create a savenger hunt, starting with the chocolates. You said he likes to do special things for his gf, so that would be sweet and it would be a total suprise.

• firexflys
    18 years ago

aww that sounds cute, i think she like that

i remember my boyfriend gave me my right in a red rose it was a set and he gave me the earing and neckless in the box case and the ring in a rose he told me to close my eyes and then told me to open them and there it was i want to cry it was really sweet.

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Thank you everyone for the ideas.
    My son kinda likes Morgan's idea of having all silver kisses & one red one with the ring in it .

• EoB
    18 years ago

Feed it to her, and then she`ll have the happiest sh*t ever

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Thanks guys! My son gave it to her last night. She absolutely LOVED it. She is a very sweet girl. Really though I am not sure who liked it more, her friends or her. (He gave it to her at church) Her friends couldn't wait to get it open. It was so pretty. We put gold curly ribbons on top of the heart, then wrapped the heart in red celophane like paper and tied it with a bunch of gold curly ribbon.
    We couldn't find any hugs, so we used 3 bags of different kinds of kisses. It had silver, purple & gold.

• EoB
    18 years ago

=)

How cute=)