Rude People

• Sarah
    19 years ago

Wow, this sounds like another thread I commented on. I'll tell you what I said on the other one. This country is all about our rights and freedoms. And though we've been given the gift of free speech, people take it to mean they can say whatever they want w/ no consiquences. The only people that make such mindless, hurtful comments are the ones that can't write good enough work for anyone to comment on!! They see other's work and feel a sense of envy I really think thats it. When Janis created this site I doubt he intended people to trash one another. He created this as a place for people to share their minds and hearts w/ others. We should be thankful that most of the poets on this site aren't hurting themselves or others! Instead, they are putting all their angst and emotion into poetry. Keep up the good work, I read some of your poems. Know that you are a good person who wouldn't stoop low enough to bring someone else down just because they tried to bring you down! NEVER quit writing!!

Sarah

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

There are two individuals, both registered under multiple identities who, along with other mischief, have made it their own personal mission to leave rude, disparaging comments on the poems written by other members. Fortunately, these two sick, demented, ill-intentioned social misfits are not in any way characteristic of the thousands of other decent people on this site.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

i always think of those people as the envious ones.

those who make poetry and fail to notice that there are lots of writers in this site that they can't have all the votes/comments in the world.

so then they rebel, put down other poets...

because they're jealous.

but then again, there can be other motives.
    who knows?

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Victoria, I don't think it is even directly related to poetry. There are some people who are just simply malicious, destructive and hostile. Whatever they do and wherever they go, they always thrive on creating problems, disruption and difficulties in other people's lives.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

I agree, if this was completely about poetry, the ones that make the nasty comments, would have poems posted themselves! But they don't, they're just on this site to be the "bug"...they're biting us, but we're not going to scratch!!

• Concealing Words
    19 years ago

I had a problem with ruth too, especially after her poem "learn to spell people". She is not justified just because she is explicit. She needs to learn respect and to not just go off at the mouth. I left her a comment and all she did is write me an e-mail cussing me out. That is great she apoligized to you but that didn't stop her. She sent me the e-mail over this weekend.

• Concealing Words
    19 years ago

ok, she may have apologized but did you read all the other posts AFTER that apology. She called you a pig for being nice and e-mialing her. Sorry she has no excuse and no reason for being understanding of her actions or for them to be justified. she is one of types of people that gave me inspiration for my poem "no haters"