Religion and America

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo..so like i'm from Scotland where we have a pretty strong religious history.

Thing is though...in general, religion and politics should never be mixed..especially when it comes to voting for leaders and representitatives.

Now i hear that thousands of people are voting for Bush just because he's a fundamentalist christian!! what a crock...that has to be the dumbest religion in the world and America's next president might just get re-elected because of it.....any thoughts people?

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Kevin Murray -- I am sure you know that it is totally inappropriate to use a member's poem page for comments such as the one you chose to place on my page today. That was a cheap shot that might have been expected of a 10-year-old. Don't expect the same kind of act or retaliation from me, though. I have no intention of stooping to your level! Grow up!! :-((

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Of course you ain't gonna stoop to my level, you'll just post a public message instead eh?...nice one.

If i grow up will i develope warped political opinions like yours? Don't speak to me of inapropriate behavior and then talk of voting for Ghengis Bush....man you got some nerve!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

FYI, Kevin Murray, this IS the place for posting opinions. You already know as well as I do that your political rhetoric and personal insults DO NOT belong in my poem comments so save it!

And just where did you see that I wrote anything, anywhere saying I'm planning on voting for Bush?

Other than pointing out some humor, everything I have written about this election has been concerned with the ISSUES and the importance of basing decisions on facts instead of rhetoric! Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you either did not read what I wrote or failed to comprehend it.

If I was convinced that your thinking is representative of Kerry's constituency then I would be throwing my support to Bush!

This is not your election anyway. And why should it be? Elections embody democratic ideals and the free exchange of ideas. You, otoh obviously have no tolerance for any ideas or opinions that differ with yours. I have the distinct impression that you would prefer an authoritarian world where people are told what religion they can practice, what materials they can read and what opinions they may express.

And here is one more thing - from my page - that you failed to grasp.
    “It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it.”
    —Aristotle

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Ok Lydia, you'll have to forgive me for getting slightly passionate about people in here supporting a person, who is without a shadow of a doubt, a lying murderer. I guess it's out of order to show emotional content when my fellow beings give their vote to someone like that.

And yes you are right, you didn't say anywhere you are going to vote for Bush, but you did on several occasions defend him and his parties policies and decisions, so i'm assuming you like the guy.

No more words from me on this, like you say, despite the fact Britain and the US are part of the UN...YOUR election and it's worldwide effects have nothing to do with me right?