Writing Across The Ages

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    16 years ago

When you write a poem you put on here do you ever consider what people might be reading it? Do you ever add stuff you may have written 10 years before you even got wind of a site like this? For those of you not ten years into adulthood and the internet: would you add stuff as an adult that you wrote as a kid? If not, why not?

I say this because I read a poem I really liked the other day, but when I first read it it was as the 37-year old slacker that I am, whereas reading it a 2nd time later in the evening I read it thinking back to being an ANGRY 17-year old and realised I really liked it. Both times it had a striking impact, but both were on different notes of the brain's piano.

• Teria
    16 years ago

I think, if I were an adult, I would surely post poems I wrote when I was younger. It kind of gives teenagers and children an idea of what adults really did feel at that age, and then with the updated poetry. . . what they feel as of now. Then, they can actually tell if age changes things, other than going by their parents and loved ones word. And, they may actually know and realize that parents do and have felt the same way and gone through some of the same things.

I`ve never wondered who was going to read my poetry, but I think as an adult I would. . . especially if I`m posting poetry from my younger years, because I`d want to post it to change a teenagers view on life, so they don`t nessicarily go on and on about how their parents are stupid and know nothing of such things.

Of course, my goal with poetry (as of now) isn`t to change peoples lives, it`s to improve so that I can do so in the future - BUT, as an adult that`s how I (think) would feel. . .

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

Yeah ive added all my poems ive written even if they were from my younger years and may not be that good. I wrote them so they r ok.

xx