Personal Helpers

• Midnight
    16 years ago

Sometimes I get stuck and can't write a decent thing for weeks. When that happens I take to reading lots of things, looking at pictures and other stuff, and listening to things. Sometimes all it takes is a line in a poem and I have and explosion of inspiration.

Though I can't just sit down and write when my mind is full of ideas either. I have to be inspired. There has only been once when I have written on a whim. It was two words that just helped me pull things out of nowhere. It was the first poem, other than the ones for class that were inspired, that wasn't about life and how I felt about something. It was connected to expirence.

Sorry I got off track. I think that writing frequently also helps you improve. Another thing is going back over your really old stuff that may not be the greatest in format or word choices, but it could be amazing to see how you've improved.

That's all I have. Hope it may help someone.

• Jaymes Haze
    16 years ago

It's true.
    It helps if you're very aware of you're environment.
    It helps.
    I mean, you can either get inspiration from watching people, create stories for them based on what they've said to people.
    Things like that.

Do what I do, dabble in other artisitic vices.
    I'm mainly a lyricists, but I also dabble in poetry, art, and music.

When you can watch the snowfall under the streetlights and something epic grows from it, yo know you're doing well in you're attempts.