• Vicious Tragedy â„¢
    19 years ago

don't listen to those who hurt u

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

screw them it doesn't matter what they think one day they will realise

• Tracy
    19 years ago

dopnt worrie those people dont know you, they dont know they pain you feen and how one pain helps another, i cute to, it showa on my legs and arms

• Blue•Water
    19 years ago

Vix, you provided an amazing depth of understanding on the subject of cutting and self harm. I don't self harm but I do understand the nature of addictive behaviors. Until now I don't think anyone else here has ever explained the dynamics and chemistry of this addiction. Unfortunately, people who are initially tempted to engage in self harm rarely have any idea just how powerfully compelling this kind of behavior can become. It has the potential to be just as equally addictive as being strung out on heroin or crystal meth. And, just as with drug addicts, tens of thousands of self harmers and cutters wind up in hospitals each year from the unintended results of their self inflicted wounds.

Poems about cutting often describe the sadness felt by the writer and the relief or comfort brought on by the blade. They are usually written with a bias toward defense of this behavior and mention nothing about its horribly addictive consequences. What concerns me most about cutting poems is the influence that poems like this have for reinforcing and further spreading this practice among impressionable readers who lack any clear knowledge of the serious consequences.

• Brian Ahn
    19 years ago

i wish i could cut
    but i cant because i run track
    and i cant hide any part of my body, except the part that i wouldnt never want to cut, so i take my emotions out on writing
    or kicking freshman in the face

• Kill The Complex
    19 years ago

yeah seriously gurl if they are gonna make fun of you for expressing your feelings thru poetry just say f^ck off!!! thats what i do when i get made fun of they aren't worth your time!!

keep rockin!!!

much love

Emmerz

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Not even - people like myself ask that question I would like to think I dont offend the people and that I say it in the most respectful manner but try considering this from another perspective (well mine actually lol).

Okay I am not a cutter, but I have my own ways of dealing with my problems when I read these poems about cutting or self mutilation I feel like are cry for help and because I dont do it myself I can't comprehend it - I dont mean to be rude or upset anyone when I ask them why they are doing this to themselves but aim to gain an understanding, for them to educate me a little so I can potentially help them or at least begin to understand where they are coming from.

Eirisa

• ♥broken fairytales♥
    19 years ago

I don't personally cut myself although I have thought about it many times but my best friend does and I think someone of them are genuine and some arn't I'm not sure but I think it's good to right about it in poems because you feel like your talking to someone about it

• She Is Now Gone Away
    19 years ago

Dont mind them Im a cutter like you and yes your right and us cutters only know why