Does this quote deserve to be (bad) rated !

• Ezzey
    15 years ago

Peace be upon you All ,my dears

firstly before i start my topic ,i'd like to express my utter happiness and great pleasure to be a member of this beneficial site.
    also i must not hide my admiration and appreciation to the way the topics have been discussed here ! I"m a regular reader(although i don't answer or comment) but i do read each single topic here in order to learn and benefit ,and thank you all for being serious ,honest,and very wise/
    well. i have just a little simple request(I wish i don't bother you with it) ,which is that i have lately written a quote ,and it has been rated as Bad (1),
    i'll write down the quote here and what i meant by it ,and i wish if you kindly tell me your opinions about it(whether good or bad).and if bad ,Why is it bad ?
    and don't worry i will thankfully welcome the critique and accept it ..

the quote is..

your love is bitter ,but i like its taste !!

i mean by bitterness of love here (tears.longing.missing,jealousy) all of these things are included with love.
    the tears of yearning ,the moan of longing,the state of missing ,and fire of jealousy are sensations you wouldn't feel if you were not in a state of love !
    and according to a personal experience ,i can tell that i've been through these sensations ,i've tasted them all ,but my love for that person had never decreased !
    so I'm smiply saying to her here ,,
    your love is bitter ,but i like its taste!
    yes i liked its bitterness coz i've got used to it ,and because i loved you for who you are !

should I change my words into another words that give a better meaning ?
    or was the wording of quote not proper !
    maybe the description wasn't suitable?
    ( till very moment i think that there's nothing wrong with my quote) ,but i'm not a critic nor even an expert poet to be confident about what i wrote ,and this is why I'm seeking your comments and critiques..
    i'm All ears , just be as free as you can .

• Ezzey
    15 years ago

Aha, it must be really bad ! since you couldn't get its meaning !
    but dear Cyrano ,i was understanding and knowing what i was writing about , i was meaning the love i had for someone was full of troubles( that why i described it with the word'Bitter' ) .coz love used to be beautiful and sweet. and why i like its taste is becuz whatever this love holds obstcales or problems i'd remain cheriching it coz i loved that one for who she is !
    well. if this explanation didn't approximate the meaning to you , it means that reallly i wasn't successful at writing myy quote!
    coz good quotes must be understood directly !
    :(

thank you very much cyrano for your comment !

• David
    15 years ago

^^ love this explaination. yep the words used are bland and simply un-unique. borderline of cliche i think,

be original and have flair. then something great may happen....

DJ

• Ezzey
    15 years ago

Oh guys ,thank you so much so much for your replies ,i really benifited from them ,and now i got a true lesson that will be unforgettable !

( the tasteless) ..

I'd like to thank you for your critique,and for your intrest ,but believe me I never herad (the quote) before ! it just come to my mind and i wrote it directly !
    you've said..(bitter" is such an ovverused word. Why not sour? Is "bitter" the best word you can actually use here?/

well ,i thought to used the description (bitter) coz it is the opssite of the word (sweet) {sweet/bitter), coz love is supposed to be sweet (when everything's alright),but in my case i was feeling the opssite exactly( too many problems i have been through) .there wasn't any sweet taste of love i can say that i tasted or exprienced , it just was the bitterness of pain ,jealousy ,and missing !
    i think 'Sour' is not a proper word to be used !
    thank you 'Tasteless " for your comment ,i took it seriously and i will try to avoid using expressions that don't express much !

David...

yes now i've realised that my wods were just bland ,i just was too emotional when i've written it !
    anyway ,thank you so much for commenting.

cyrano ..
    really thank you so much for the example you wrote here .yes this is a perfect quote from all angles !
    having a deep meaning ,and knowing what you are willing to say are basic important elemants to make the quote successful and worth of reading !
    i guess my quote was just shallow !

frankly , i never though i would learn alot from my bad quote lol !

thank you so much for you all for commenting !