What do you do, when your best friend isn't your best friend any

• Misunderstood Misery
    15 years ago

Okay, so almost 3 years ago I moved all the way across the state (about 6 hours) from where I used to live at. I visited once last summer for a weekend and I didn't really get to see anyone. Well... I went back up there last Saturday and stayed there until two days ago. The week I stayed there, I stayed with my "best" friend, who's been my friend since kindergarten.

The problem is, since the day I got up there, she was being really... bitchy (sorry, couldn't think of any other word) towards me and stuff. She lost a whole bunch of weight (she used to be kinda big) and now it's like she has this "I'm-better-than-everyone-else" attitude.

She just isn't the same person, she's changed so much and not in a good way. It was like it didn't even matter to her that I was there or that she hadn't seen me in a year.

I don't know what to do. We used to have such a good friendship, but now it's like all of those years have just been flushed down the drain...

If anyone has any comments or advice or whatever, it would be MUCH apprieciated.

• Liz
    15 years ago

Pray for her
    you can only irratate her by triing to change her

just pray and reminder her of how much fun u too had an say u miss it and how she was

but mainly pray

• Misunderstood Misery
    15 years ago

Thanks. I haven't talked to her since I came back, but she left me a aweful myspace comment saying that I was an attention whore and I'm the one that's changed... not her. *shrugs* Still havent talked to her. Didn't even bother writing her back on that.

• Barbara Jean
    15 years ago

Well friends come and go.. i just lost my best friend..and thats all i can say is that they come and go..

and you will know who your true friends are.

• SilentlyDyingInside
    15 years ago

Um...ive never really been there but I have something that might help:

I read this book: Perfect You by Elizabeth Scot and she writes about a girl who had a bst friend (anna) and anna used to be over weight and she went to new hampsire (im pretty sure thats where she went) to visit her aust for the whole summer and when she got back she was...well.... and b****. and she stopped being friends with the main character...you may want to read it because its kinda like what you're goin through...its a really good book...i hope it helps.

• Jaime
    15 years ago

It's unfortunate, but it happens. People grow up differently and you just have to learn to live with it. You'll make new friends that are more like you, and you'll always have the memories of her as a childhood friend. Take care.

• Heba
    15 years ago

Of course this happened to me and I was really falling apart and completelt shattered, but it came the time that i found a new real friend and we have to forget the bad past.

• Misunderstood Misery
    15 years ago

Thanks guys. Sorry I kind of forgot to check p&q... But I talked to her tonight and apologized and stuff. So hopefully we can work it out. It's just up to her...