how do you copy right ur stuff

• bucky
    19 years ago

could you please help me out on this ... i really would like to know

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

i think dark-angel wants to be reasusrd that no-one will take his poems well i'd hate to say this they ill prbaly still take it sorry but if you put it out to the world then there is no way they can be stopped

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

The easy way that doesnt cost much:

1. print your poem on paper
    2. seal it in an envelope
    3. post it to yourself from the postoffice
    4. be sure to get a date stamp from the postoffice
    5. after you get your mail back dont open the envelope (duh)

this way you can prove when your poem was written by you. you should have solid case in case of someone ripping off your poem...

• Blue•Water
    19 years ago

That will serve as evidence of the date the poem was created. However, it won't stop someone from plagiarizing your work.

In a practical sense, legal protection of a copyright only becomes an issue worth pursuing in the very rare case when the plagiarist has actually profited through the wrongful use of your work.

You have the legal right to file suit and seek relief through the courts. But to do so could cost you a huge sum of money in legal fees. And even after a court finds in your favor and awards you monetary damages, you could still wind up with a worthless judgment. That is because the plagiarist is likely to have no assets on which you can enforce the collection of your judgment.

Most of the time it is best to just try to persuade the plagiarist to stop using your work. Many plagiarists don't even understand that it is wrong to copy and use other people's work from the internet.

• Brian Ahn
    19 years ago

or you could just be like
    hey its mine
    but we all die
    so it doesnt matter
    i know it is mine
    and that is enough
    if you care soo much if people think its someone elses then im sorry
    but as long as you hear what they think
    it doesnt matter
    as long as you can take their comments and grow from them