Inspiration

• Adelle
    15 years ago

I have no inspiration; I can't seem to write anymore it has been going on for a long time now nearly a year I have only been able to write a little bit in the last year. I asked for advice before and people just said don't worry go with it don't put any pressure on your self they said soon I would be able to write again. That was nearly a year ago and I still cant write I don't know what to do I don't want to give up writing I love it please help if you have advice.

• Beautiful Chaos
    15 years ago

While, yes, you do have to wait it out, you can do little things as you do. Practice different formats, even if you can only come up with a few lines, write them, save them, you can always come back to it. Browse other peoples titles and write for one that jumps out at you, again, even if you don't finish it or are not happy with it, you can come back to it. Do it with music, art, news, something that happens in your day, anything that pops into your head that you feel would make a good topic. It may not always come out the way we wish it would, but we can always write and later revise.

• Teria
    15 years ago

Http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/article.html?id=585

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/article.html?id=514

You may have read these articles already, if not then I do suggest reading them. If you have and it's been awhile maybe try again? They're very helpful. I've found them both useful many times since I've been on this site. There's a few other articles you could take a look at t hat might help you a bit, though they're not solely on that topic.

Read through a few of them:
    http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/poetry_articles.html

• AnCi
    15 years ago

I had this problem a couple of years ago.. and i just simply stoped writing.. i didn't write for almost 3 years and now i am back on writing again!
    I mostly write down my feelings about things (since i don't like talking to people about my problems) and I guess i wasn't feeling strongly about anything which resolved in me not writing.
    So don't worry, it will come back to you. Like i said, it took me 3 years!