I miss my best friend

• Casey
    15 years ago

I am not a girl who gets along easily with other girls. I don't trust them at all. I mean, most of us are terrible to eachother. I just need to say that first. I think it may help explain how important to me this girl is.

I made a mistake. I was with a bad guy, and I let him convince me to take a drug. I never thought about how other people would feel about it. I knew people would shake their fingers at me and say "Oh Casey...". And that's what happened for the most part. I never took into consideration how "straight edge" Jaynee was.

I was at school, 250 miles away, when she suffered a family loss. I tried to be there for her but she never answered my calls. It never occured to me that she had ended our friendship. I thought she was just grieving.

The day I came home from school she told me not to contact her ever again because she didn't like what I was doing with my life.

Since I am a 19 year old college grad who has already started my career, I can only assume she decided I had turned into a drug addict and this guy was going to be a big part of my life.

What she didn't give me the chance to say that the night I tried that drug was the worst night of my life. And I broke up with the guy within a week. I've always held the firm belief that you can't force someone to be friends with you. I just underestimated how much I'd miss her. And she's such a strong person. I could send her a message, but she wouldn't write back if she even reads it. It's been 5 months.

Should I keep respecting her wishes or should I try?

• Freckles
    15 years ago

If she won't listen put it into words letter/text. Explain what really happened. If she still didn't reply then maybe you should respect her wishes. Hope it works out.

• keithnwv
    15 years ago

I think a letter would be a good idea.

Sometimes though, it just doesnt work out. I know this all to well!!

• coverd in darkness
    15 years ago

I also think the letter idea is a good way to go, explain to her you didn't realise what those things would do to her / your friendship, that your over that guy and the drugs that they were both a mistake that has caused you much sadness because you have realised what matters and thats your friendship which you are really missing.

All the best with whatever you choose to do, sometimes no matter how long you've known someone and how close you were you grow apart things can change overnight... my ex best friend id been close to for bout 8years we were unseperatable her house was my house and visa versa she moved a fair distance away so weekends we would spend together then slowly over time things fell apart she only called me when she wanted something, then in 2007 when a very close friend passed away she rang me moments after i found out n it seemed like she ws there for me she inisted i go up to her place to get away for a couple of day that was a big mistake her parents yelled at me for crying, she went out to a party i was more alone than ever... since then we have both had 21sts i never heard from her i see now times change and people change and when it comes down to it you are better off without these people

• Amina
    15 years ago

A letter is just as good as any other text. Just let her know how you feel. It explains whats going on in a minimal sense, and can make it alive. Sometimes no matter how long you've known someone, there are seperations. Its that thing of when you grow apart. and its life. But if you apply yourself things could change.

• Annaam
    15 years ago

Aww... I knOw hOw that feels... I dOn't knOw what I'd do withOut my Best Friend.

U shOuld write tO her, maybe even call her. Explain everything. HOw u didn't like taking the drug. U brOke up with the guy cuz u knew it wasn't right. Remind her Of hOw much she means to yOu and hOw much yOu miss her. Tell her yOu still want to be BFFS and that yOu'll always be there fOr her.

I'm wOndering. What did yOu say when she said she didn't like what yOu're dOing with ur life? Didn't yOu try to explain that yOu knOw it's (the drugs are) nOt right n all...?

Well I hOpe everything wOrks Out and yOu 2 patch up! Tell us hOw it gOes. :)

Best Of luck! :)