Just needing some help...

• Brittany Klein
    14 years ago

Hey...
    i have an issue that i am faceing in my life right now....i have this person that i think im in love with but i dont want to fall in love and then be hurt...he already told me he loved me...but im way too scared to fall in love...cuz ive been hurt way too many times....and dont want to be hurt again...
    so can any one give me some advice...

• keithnwv
    14 years ago

For what its worth, heres my advise. I see your 17. With your whole life ahead of you, dont rush things. Society seems to make people think everything has to be accomplished quickly. Enjoy your youth, enjoy friendships you have. When love makes its appearance you will know. Until then, develop life long friendship . Trust me, you will cherish them when you get older. If he truely loves you, He will be there when you are ready.

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

It's really your choice but life is all about taking risks. You don't want to look back and regret the things you didn't do. Love is all about getting hurt, it's inevitable. If you don't go out with him, wouldn't you get hurt anyways? If he seems like a good guy, I think he deserves a chance. If you've been hurt plenty of times then I think you should have some kind of clue of what good characteristics you're looking for in a guy. Go with your gut feeling. And I totally get what you mean about being scared of getting hurt. I'm sure a lot of people don't want to get hurt but you can't avoid love just because you're scared. You have to be strong. If your not ready then just wait, but don't disregard this guy entirely, keep him in your life. Just tell him how you feel. Best of luck!

• Brittany Klein
    14 years ago

Ok...i really thank you guys for your advice...it means alot to me...but the thing is now he broke up with me..and i dont understand why??...his dad passed away not too long ago and he told me he "needs to do this by himself"...and i totally get wat he means cuz my dad died when i was little....but he told me he still loved me and wants me back "later"...i guess its just that he has basically been flirting with other girls and has barely been tlking to me...but if you love someone arnt you supposed to tell them everything and do your best to stay with them...no matter how bad it hurts???...idk..i am hurt and confused in my 17 year old life.... :(

• effervescence
    14 years ago

First you should ask yourself what kind of person he is. Like you said, his father just died. Maybe he's scared of relationships? The girls he's flirting with has never become serious, and maybe that's for a reason. It's a hard time to go through. Sometimes the one you love just needs some time alone.

Is he the kind of person to say "later?" If you know he doesn't mean it, don't hesitate to throw your relationship behind you and move onwards towards the future. Perhaps it's just a teenage crush?

I hope this helps.

Good luck
    Athena

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

Perhaps he just wanted to deal with the situation alone and didn't want you to be sucked into it. I don't think you should take the flirting thing personal, I think everyone flirts, honestly :/

Well, does he seem like a good guy? Do you think he's genuinely telling the truth? If things don't work out between you too, don't worry. You're only 17, you have so many things to experience and if someone doesn't want you, they don't deserve you. Not many people find their true love/the one they marry, when they're teenagers. So, don't get sad about it. The longer you waste on Mr. Wrong the later it takes to find Mr. Right.

Good luck, I'm sure you can figure it out.

• Brittany Klein
    14 years ago

Thank you guys...i really appreciate the help and advice...it means alot..

• silvershoes
    14 years ago

He sounds like a very confused guy and therefore not someone you should become involved with. Pretty girl, you need to find someone that is in a position to start a relationship. Someone that has their feet on the ground and their head in the right place, or else you're just asking for trouble.
    And as far as YOU go, my dear, I think you ought to be single for a while. Try to find some love and respect for yourself and become stronger before you give a big chunk of your being away to another person. You can't start a healthy relationship in the state of fear and insecurity you're in.
    I'm sure you're a wonderful girl, deserving of a wonderful guy.. don't rush it. Take your time. Life your life and love will happen when it's meant to happen.