Is it easy for someone to be discourged??

• Amilo
    19 years ago

don't worry about "bad ratings"....

I just submitted a poem and five minutes later found someone rated me a 1 on it without a comment.. but hey, I couldn't care less....

Kindly do yourself a favor and ignore votes and lousy comments.

• Elyssa
    19 years ago

I agree with you alot of people inculding me write poems just because the words come to me and i like to write, and i do write about how i feel and if things are bad yeah i write but thats normal

• Elyssa
    19 years ago

Ever person doesnt have to like your poetry for you to be a good writer, i have been tunred down by many magizines and stuff but I keep writing it just depends on the person, and what they like!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I can relate - not so much with the opinions left on the site but from someone who actually knows me more importantly - I couldn't give a rats about what the majority of people on this site think of my poetry, the reason I post is for feedback so I can continue to improve myself as a writer. But if a family member or close friend had a negative and nonconstructive way of communicating their feedback about my poetry to me - I would be hurt...

• ☼totalDARKNESS☼
    19 years ago

to the first one by RICRDO RAMIREZ, i dont think poetry can ever be bad. i mean the words might not work well together, it might not rhyme, the orginazation might suck, and all together it might sound like shit, (I'm not talking about your poems casue i think yours are awesome, im just talking in general) but thats okay casue it means something to someone. i think all poetry is great casue it means that someone is trying to express them selves with words and not with a knife. casue i release ny emotions both ways, and lets just say i wish i could just write poetry and not cut, but its just not that easy.

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

believe me you will get better there is always room to imporve like i got poems with striaght fives then i got a couple poems with ratings not to metion! and it is kool to see what others think about your stuff but it's prolly the writers opinion that should count the most, in some veiws like how much time you spent on it, why you wrote it, things kinda like that well take care bye bye:)

~lil slam~