What to do

• Kuro
    14 years ago

Normally i would just write something down or play guitar and then i feel better and can go on with my life.

but it isn't working anymore. that release i get whenever i finish playing guitar or writing a poem, it growing weaker.

i havn't cut before. it never appealed to me. but i'm not going to lie, if it helps deal with crap, it is hard to advert my interest.

right now i just want to rage at someone. get this feeling off me. the usual techniques aren't working.

what should i do?

• XxLastHopexX
    14 years ago

I have been there...I actually just finish going through this phase. My coping mechanism werent working. I felt like i didnt have a handle on life. Everything was just pain and darkness....and i did cut...it's not worth it...it's just a coping mechanism that leaves scars....then you have to try to escape something that you will never beable to...urself....on my thigh are those scars that may never go away...

but through all of this....I learned this....I can heal.....just like most of those scars will eventually do...it helps to talk to someone...it may sound cliche, but remember you arent alone...I'm sorry your goingt hough this right now.....but remember things can get better....if you ever need to just talk you can pm me.....stay strong and hang in there.....

• Tsukuyomi
    14 years ago

Cutting is not the way to go, it doesn't truly help. It leaves problems in the long run far worse than any quick satisfaction gained from pain.

If you need to vent I'm willing to get on this site everyday and listen if you wish.

• Indian Comma Bean
    14 years ago

I used to be the same, I was a cutter, I was way into drugs, poetry and guitar was also my release. Cutting didn't do anything for me, I'll tell you that, just a heavy shame lingering over the following years. The drugs seemed to help, but really just made me realize how low I had gotten and how pathetic I looked. It wasn't until I really started talking to close friends, finding a new hobby and other misc. ventures that I noticed an improvement. I'll admit I'm still god awful depressed and I got some real bad problems man, but I'm trying to work it out. Whenever I'm thinking hard I try to turn it around, I start looking at my surroundings and devising very unique ways to describe things, redifining sensory details like touching a wall and actually thinking about how it felt on my fingers, my face, and I'd notice I wasn't thinking about the dark stuff anymore. It actually helped improve my writing as well.

Anyways, that's my two cents, if you ever need to talk or ask some questions, shoot me a message man I'm on here quite frequently.