Did i do the right thing?

• Xx Alone in my Quandary xX
    14 years ago

I guess its not a bigy thing to ask but i just wanted to know what u guys think abt writing dairy/journal especially when every now and then you feel so low.. Is it safe to write??
    This is what i used to do ( whenever i felt so low and crappy).. But now i have stopped writing because i feel like i have the stamina to bear and i've had ripped away my old journal, all because i dont want to show that iam weak. i don't want any one to go through it and make there own judgements and misconceptions. ( This has happened twice and i was so much embarrassed)...

• Aveena
    14 years ago

Yes, writing journals are safe, it may show a sign of weekness but only if you think so. It's no weekness, it helps you in your timing and the way you deal with things. IT helps you to undertsnad what thoughts are running through your mind maybe give you a solution to it while your wrtiting, it seemdd to have worked. I have also been writing them since I was small I keep them in my locker at school, I ve been stress and sadness free until I stopped writing. don't ever look nback tho like the above poster said, some of it may bring back good memories but others will jsut make you weep. Its like life they say not worry abotut the past its the same way :)

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

Some, if not most, of the most well-known, famous and/or inspirational people around the world, even today, kept diaries, journals or autobiographies of some kind. Presidents, poets, novelists, historians, scientists, artists, activists and others, such as George Washington, Harry S. Truman, Anne Frank, Elie Wiesel, Queen Victoria, John McCrae, Allen Ginsberg, Leonardo Da Vinci, Charles Darwin, Martin Luther King Jr. and more.

• Xx Alone in my Quandary xX
    14 years ago

Well i wasn't sure about that whether its safe or not.. But yes ofcourse it is un-safe only if i take it as my weakest point.
    wow.. thanks all of you for helping me out. your views really helped me out. :)