Would it ruin your friendship to date your best friend?

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

In my opinion i would date my best friend because i know him a lot better than a stranger...on the other hand if it doesn't work out things could be awkward.

• Jamie Lorraine
    14 years ago

I have actually tried to date one of my very best friends before. He has always had a crush on me since high school and I never gave him a chance, and now that we are older we tried. however, he has been in this complicated relationship for awhile now and when they were having problems we started talking but he was still in love with his girlfriend. so needless to say it didn't work out. we are still friends.

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

So do u think it was better to have never having trying to date him?

• Tsukuyomi
    14 years ago

It shouldn't ruin it to date them. You can be best friends with the person you are having a relationship with.

• Baby Rainbow
    14 years ago

My best friend was my soul mate . it worked out the best and I wouldn't of had it any other way xxx

• Kuro
    14 years ago

Short answer: maybe

long answer: it all depends on how you feel about each other. lets say A is okay after they broke up with B. so A does not mind being friends. but B is hurt and surpresses powerful emotions that they had for A whenever A is around.

in this senerio, B needs to not be around A for their own well being. but if they are both okay and are truely fine with being friends, then it will be so.

but that is only looking at it if they brake up.

your best friend is probably the one that understands you the most. but then who are you going to complain about relationship problems to?... not your best friend because they are the same person.

but the match will be an easy transition to relationship.
    easy to go from friend to relationship.

BUT

hard to go from relationship to friend

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

With my past relationship it did kinda ruin my friendship with my best friend...it feels as though now i can't really talk to him anymore.

• Brenda
    14 years ago

It would only ruin the friendship if you let it.

• Indian Comma Bean
    14 years ago

To be honest, I've always been advised to date my best friend, and if they're truly your best friend, it should hardly feel any different being in a relationship with them than it does now, apart from the obvious. As was said above, it will only ruin it if you let it be ruined, I've always felt more connected wiith my best friend than I've ever felt with anyone I've dated, and I know that even if the relationship failed, they'd still be my best friend, and I'd hope they would feel the same way.

• Mello193
    14 years ago

That always ruins the friendship, once you start you cant just go back if it doesnt work

• BrokenAngel FallenFiend
    14 years ago

I don't know. My best friend had a crush on me, and ever since he told me it's weird. He just won't talk to me like he used to.