I need help

• Amber
    14 years ago

How do you convince a friend of yours to quit doing drugs when he won't admit that he's doing them.

We were at a party and he got really drunk, and I happened to see him texting this guy about doing coke. . .and he disappeared and came out with white powder on his nose. . .When i confronted him about it, he denies doing it. I don't know what to do, he's a really good friend of mine and I really care about him and want him to stop. I don't want him getting hurt, or in trouble by this.

• hehasmyheart
    14 years ago

The best way is sit down talk to him tell him that drugs are not good for u and will kill u in the long run and how its hurting u and u don't want him in trouble now u can't change someone only he can change himself but ask if he wud like some help and talk to him about going into rehab I wish u luck! I'm very sorry ur friend is going thru this!

• Tsukuyomi
    14 years ago

Yeah intervention is the best way, and if that doesn't work you may need to aim higher. It may seem like a low and mean thing to do but you might even want to get his family involved to help him stop. In the end it is better for everyone involved.

• Sean
    14 years ago

^ i'd say spot on.

Also, though i don't condone it - somebody who does coke isn't necessarily on the path to destruction and if this is a recent behaviour he probably isn't at all interested in quitting.

You can only show him that you care and that you don't agree with it - he'll be more than aware of the dangers already.

Maybe making him aware of how he acts while on it would help persuade him to desist, often people can show traits like arrogance and lack of empathy when under the influence of coke, if you notice this and explain it to him, it might help him to atleast not use it as regularly.