Depression

• Elyssa
    19 years ago

Why does depression consume and control teens everyday, i mean i am clincly depressed i have to take medicine so I wont goin Insane, why does this happen? I wanna know if you guys have anything that you do when you are depressed, i mean i have alot goin on in my life right now, and its hard and all that stuff, JUST TALK TO ME!

• Shelby G.
    19 years ago

I know this isn't much to say but this should go in the saddness and depresson forum. but...

I suffer depression as well. but my parents are to ashamed that out of their 4 kids on;y three of them are perfect... i'm the one thats not perfect.i usually use poetry to get it out. sometimes i play my electric keyboard to get it out. other times in just scream and yell at my family and tell them that i hate them, that too hep me. but you coudl give yourself about 15 minuts alond, more preferebly in the dark. and think to yourself about whats going on. its okay to cry, and if you feel like talking to yourself, your not crazy, it help me. i hope i've helped.

• Elyssa
    19 years ago

Yeah I know i should have posted it in there, but i forgot to lol, i was thinkin ahead of my fingers lol, yeah depression seem to comsume alot of teen now a days, and i know how you feel like when yiu parents have the prefect chidren and all that crap.. well I dont live at home, i came out of a veey seriousely abuseive home, i know live with my boyfriends family so things beside being happy with him things are pretty messed up in my life, which make it crazy. I write alot of poetry but its still seem hopeless on feeling myself!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Because they let it....

You have a choice with everything people LET things and situations affect them they don't HAVE to let them affect them in such ways, they CAN CHOOSE to be affected differently

Just my opinion...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I also wanted to acknowledge that my opinion above does not relate to medically diagnosed mental illnesses which some people have predispositions for...

Hey try reading some self help books by Louise L Hay "The Power is within you" and "You can heal your life" - I really advise them :o)

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Culture.

It's cool to be depressed. Be an individual, go with the flow, just so long as you listen to our music and buy our t-shirts.

The 1960's (I would blame WW2, but it's far too convenient.)

Post war baby boom, free love and the world's loss of discipline. Parents were afraid to restrict children and enforce a proper upbringing on them.

The result is the next-gen parents who, through a childhood of apathy and parental ignorance believe it is right to let their kids be babysat by tv, raised by Sony and learn life lessons from Postal and other such great games of mindless violence on the PS2, X-box and so on.

The only reason I offer advice here is because these kids at least have the imagination to write for themselves. Something to light the dark and morose hallways of post Vietnam Pax Americana.

Bert

• ☼totalDARKNESS☼
    19 years ago

omg i know how you feel! i may not know what is going on in your life, but i have alot going on in mine too. I'll name a few of the things that really suck in my life right now... I spend 6 days a week for a total of 48 hours a week in an eating dissorder clinic, i get my blood taken every other day, i go to the hospital 3 times a week, i have 8 different types of doctors i have to see at least once a week, my 3 best friends in the whole world fuckin' hate my guts (and wont tell me why) and im slowly getter sicker and sicker and if i don't start to get better withing the next month, i will have to live in a hospital intill i start to recover.
    and that is only a few things that i would like to share.

okay, enough about my friggen life...
    I know what it is like to change medications, it really sux. i have ADHD (Attention Deffisett Hyperness Dissorder), two different eating dosorders, and mild depression. i have taken many medical corses in the past 3 years, and i have alot of drug books, and I know there isn't very medications that can cover all that, and there isn't very many medications that work well together that i can take either.

so right now what i do is just sit in my dark room, cry, cut myslef, and hope that one day soon death will take its turn and end my pain. but i really dont want you to turn out like me. so if you ever need to talk i have a degree in councling, so just E-mail me at sexymeg_yankees122@hotmail.com.

• wings.in.flight.
    19 years ago

im manic bipolar =] i bash the shit out of the punching bag wen i feel like shit =]... depression is consuming teens coz the world is a fuked up hole =] dont forget 2 SMILE!!! =] :)

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

just idk i guess it's cause you seem like no one understands you and you kinda don't uderstand you cause your just figureing out what you like and are good at but the bad part is also that you find out what your bad at! just keep your chin up and member that there is ALWAYS someone out there that has a worst situation and it kinda cheers you up in kinda a weird way i guess. just know things will get better.

~lil slam~ take care!

• Shelby G.
    19 years ago

nevertheless i still say it is not out fault that we feel this was. i come from a strong family background, and i still feel a dark cloud draped over me.