I find Myself Crying Everynight.

• CountlessMoments
    13 years ago

I was so overwhelmed about my nephews. I was so happy they graduated. Weird cause I'm younger than them. they graduated c/o '10 and I'm not graduating till c/o '12. Anyways, I never thought I'd ever be this happy. As days passed I noticed 3 of my closest nephews that I've hung out with during school and after school was leaving for college. Then it started to hit me that my Neighbor/nephew/brother are leaving. I started crying cause they're like the closest people in my life. They were the only ones i can talk to about anything and i know they wont say anything. Lets just say they were my Human Diary. So weeks has gone by already and they had a grad party, The next day- They had to leave for college. I cried everynight for the past 2 weeks and till now it still put me to tears just thinking about it. I knew from the start that when they leave i really have no reason to go to there house. 3 weeks past and 1 of my nephew who was suppose to be with them came back. I was so happy but lost at the same time. I found out he didn't wanna go so he stayed here. I was very happy atleast i still got him while my 2 other nephews at college. Just couple weeks after he came back he told me he joined the Marines. I was Happy for him cause atleast he has a future now.

In august 29, 2010, My nephew is leaving for Boot camp. I never thought this would happen. I was so happy he was back but now this is more worse cause i can barely see him after boot camp.

I find myself crying everynight cause right when everything was alright, it just crashes right in front of me. I dont know, they were the closet people in my life and having to see them leave is something i HATE.. I swear, when that day comes I don't know what i'd do...

• clevername
    13 years ago

You have to realize that the day is going to come. I'd tell them what you're feeling. Also it's important to be thankful you have these people in your life. Many people don't. Not only do you have one person to be your "human diary" you have three and they are family and that is beautiful. Family is always there too. And there is always a telephone. A lot of people are going through what you are going through. So be comforted that you are not alone. They will always be there for you...even if it isn't a physical presence. Maybe you'll miss them...but i know you'd rather have them go and become something than stay put. Maybe that would make you feel better at first but eventually you'd end up crying yourself to sleep at night because you're frustrated they didn't do everything they could to be who they wanna be in the world.
    Anyway good luck.
    Everything will turn out fine.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

I have to agree with Britt. Welcome to reality.

Your situation sucks and I feel for you but change is a part of life and we have to embrace it. You may be lonely for a while but keep your chin up. Things will get better. You'll meet new people. Good people. I went through something very similar after graduating high school. I decided to stay home and work for a year while I watched all of the people I knew, some very close friends, leave for school. But they'll be back during breaks and regardless, you were bound to be torn apart at some point. That's the nature of the world. Nothing lasts. You'll embark on your own adventure soon enough and people will mourn the stability of your presence. Skype and phones make keeping in touch pretty easy.

I wish you luck, and hey - you've got friends here :)