"best friends forever"

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

I just need some opinions because maybe i'm looking at it all wrong. I just need some advice....please help me. okay so anyways..i have this friend, she's been my "best friend" for years, right. so she's talking to this guy..and she thinks he likes her, but he doesn't. (yes i know this) and he set me up, a lot. he's rude to me, and fake twoards me..he's a liar, and everything. now she puts this dude before me right...like i dont tell her she cant talk to him, you know its not my place to tell her what to do. but i just ask her to 1. not talk about him to me because i dont like him. and 2. just watch her back be careful. and 3. defend me when he talks shit.
    ----okay she doesn't do any of the 3. is she a real friend? am i over reacting? i dont know. i just dont understand why she would talk to a guy thats done nothing but hurt me, and doesnt even care about or like her. he's just using her and im trying to tell her that but she's not listening, i honestly truly love her to death and i really dont wanna see her get hurt..
    -i know its alot but thanks for reading,,,,now please tell me what you thinkkk....

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Awww thank you, you give really good advice, and i was wondering if you could comment on my other post because you give really good advice lol. its "ughhhh torn between two & so confused" thanks for you time and advice i appreaciate it :)

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Lol he's not even her boyfriend......he's just using her. i just dont wanna get hurt...-________- he's trying to take her virginity, and i know he's just gonna leave her like she's nothing when he's done :(

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Ive tried. really. she thinks she knows everything. and she's hard headed saying he does like her and crap.

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Aww well thanks :)

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

Keep in mind also that friends can be kind of like parents in these situations... ie: the mom might have misgivings about the daughter's boyfriend, but the second she says anything, the daughter becomes defensive. You're the mom here, obviously.

Girls (people?) don't like to think that the person they have feelings for doesn't like them or respect them. They want to believe, justifiably, that they can be "good enough," and if they can be "good enough" then the guy will like them for who they are. By pointing out this guy's true nature to your friend, she might resist because this accusation will go along with the realization that she is being used. Feeling used is obviously not a desirable sensation, because it implies that she's somehow not good enough to avoid being used, so she'll probably try to avoid it by telling you that everything is fine, and getting defensive when you show uncertainty. So bear in mind that any outright confrontations aside from what you've already had might have the opposite effect to what you want. She might cling to this guy tighter, both to reassure herself that she is worthy of respect (even if she's not getting it), and to save face.

Sorry, I kind of rambled there. I hope you get what I mean...

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Yeah I know, I just love her to death and I'd hate to see her get hurt,

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

People do need to learn from their own mistakes. One of my best friends is getting a late start on the relationship scene, so it's difficult watching her struggle stubbornly through awkward and unhealthy flings, but I understand that sharing with her my experiences barely makes a point... she has to do this on her own.

I understand your frustration and hey, maybe she's being used by some guy, but at least she's got a good friend in you to fall back on when crap hits the fan. Right?

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Yeah you're right. thanks.

• Yours Truly xO
    13 years ago

Oh and he did exactly what I told her he was going to do to her, and now she's all depressed crying her eyes out...:(