Can??

• BrokenVodkaBottle
    13 years ago

Can depression ever really be cured, im on the meds, i see a psychologist, but the suicidal thoughts are still here, i cant take it!!

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

^ I agree about the meds, statistically they have proven to be useless. Especially because when you leave them all those feelings double up, so if you're thinking of cutting off your meds, do it step by step, don't go cold turkey.
    I do think depression can be cured, but in order for that to happen a major change in lifestyle should occur. I mean everything, friends and family relationships, your environment, where you go out, what you do, your studies and even what you eat... for instance green vegies, meaning leaf plants help a lot in your mood and lower depression rates which chocolate helps you for a while then you get depressed because some chemicals in your brain suddenly become lower. So, yes, depression is cureable, you just need to figure what works with you.

• Clown
    13 years ago

The only way to "cure" depression is to make a change within yourself, and know that suicide is a permenat, very cowardly, solution to tempory issues. Nothing is worth your life. From my POV, life is very harsh, but each harsh life experiance is a learning tool we must utilize, learn from everything you do, and from everything life has to offer, good and bad. Try meditation, it tends to work for me. Im not the happiest person youl ever meet, but Im not misreable either. Im in that content middle.

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    13 years ago

I personally don't believe that meds will help depression that you make the change yourself...

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

I believe that no one is wrong with their points of view here because everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i believe that this is a very tricky subject to answer. i mean for some maybe meds really didn't help, maybe they were on the wrong meds, sometimes certain meds will only work for a certain period of time and everyone can have their own views of the topic but I'm studying and its been proven that the majority of the world are affected by either bipolar type one or two or scitzophrenia (please excuse the spelling of that) but the thing is is that if someone is affected by one of those or a different kind of personality disorder then often they really do need to be on medication because just as anexample, i once had a friend who was bipolar and some days she would be so happy but other days she would hit such hectic lows. anyway during one of the really low periods she ended up shooting her fiance and then herself (after she had stopped taking her meds) so i think if you believe that you need more help you need to speak out about it and tell your psychologist/ psychiatrist/ gp or whoever perscribes your medication that its not working for you and that you need something else. i really hope things start getting better for you. i tried to commit suicide two years ago due to very deep depression and was in hospital for a really long time so i do understand these feelings and i too use to be totally against medication but i have changed my meds so often. sometimes they work sometimes they don't . unfortunately our annatomies are nt all the same so often its a case of trial and era but YOU need to find what works best for YOU because only you will know :)