Losing him ?

• SASPCT
    13 years ago

Well, I have this friend who I've been very close to for years and told pretty much my life. We're currently fighting over something I told my friend I know it was stupid and should of kept it to myself but I didn't and I can't change the past so I tried to fix it and he says he doesn't care and doesn't want me to fix anything but I know deep inside he does he just doesn't want to get hurt again.
    The thing is I'm not sure how I can make it up to him ?
    I saw him at church and got nervous and scared to say hello to him like I planned and he got cut when we held eye contact for a brief moment and I didn't even smile or say hello but instead ran away.
    I don't know how I'm going to fix it if I don't even have the strength to just smile and wave

advice anyone :(

• Darien
    13 years ago

It sounds like he needs sometime away. You really can't pressure anyone into forgiving you, that takes a lot of time, and a lot of effort. I usually find it harder to forgive someone than to say sorry.

Give him some time, and if he doesn't come back to you, give him a call/text/email (whatever) tell him you need to talk, and apologize face to face. If he's a true friend, he'll forgive you.

• SASPCT
    13 years ago

Thank yous so much and i know i couldn't pressure him in forgiving nor did i ever intend to do that to him. I just wanted him to know no matter what happens that I was gunna be there for him and turns out he knows that too :)
    we're friends again and I can't explain how much joy I felt when he turned to me for shoulder whilst he goes through the hardest moment of his life. I didn't expect us to be such good friends after i felt like i betrayed him to the point that nothing could be fixed ever again. I thank yous for your advice it was really kind of yous to actually read and try and help me out with my problem :)
    i appreciate it heaps