I'm not even sure

• Jenny
    13 years ago

Ok, so there is this guy but I'm not even sure I like him or its me being a shy person. The twist is we only text, but never talk to each other directly. When we do get the chance to talk directly I get bashful and talk about the dang weather, and feel like a failure. And I feel stupid feeling like this because I'm not even sure he has any feelings for me at all :/

• Jenny
    13 years ago

Yes, I do admit that I am a shy person, but not always. See, when I'm with my friends I'm very outgoing and they've told me that. When we text we talk about the stuff we should be talking about face to face like "What's your favorite...?, "When I was little...", or "What we are doing at the moment." What scares me is the forcing because.. I don't know, I just don't have a clue what to talk about I guess.

• Jenny
    13 years ago

Sorry, happy new year :)
    Um, yeah I guess thats a good way to put it. Oh! I want to tell you something, we came back to school for the first time since vacation and we did have a quick conversation today. He talked to me first, but still I see that as a little progress. I think it's a little easier when he starts even though it might be a little scary for him as it is to me, who knows. I want to thank you because inside my mind I thought about your advice.

• Jenny
    13 years ago

Uhh... hahaha I love the way you worded that, but I'm not that type of person who speaks their mind. Maybe if we get closer I'll feel more comfortable to say it. But, not as wonderful :D as you did!

• Captivat3d
    13 years ago

Maybe it'll help if he brought his friend and you could bring one of your friends and double date! ;) It could help you be less nervous and maybe more outgoing since your friend is there. Something you could try.

• Jenny
    13 years ago

Yeah, it will definitely break the ice for sure. Well that's a thought, it'll certainly help kill the nerves. Like a group thing? I guess I can try that, or something like it.

• DeafBeats
    13 years ago

You know, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've had a similar situation when text was the only place where we would have an actual conversation. You obviously care about him to a certain point and thats all that matters right now right? So theres no need to panic about how he feels at this moment. Let it go at its own pace and I think you would find it more comfortable to be patient and get to know him a little better and find out your true feelings for him :)

*And the double date sounds fun ^^

• Hopeless Romantic
    13 years ago

Just be yourself

• Jenny
    13 years ago

You know what DeafBeats? I think you're absolutely right. I think I was over thinking it and freaked out just a little. I am a patient person, believe me I am. Slow is good and I'm definitely going to remember that. Thanks! being myself is the key ;)