Valentines Day is coming!

• Allanah Asphyxia
    13 years ago

Hey everyone! I was wondering what some cute ideas for Valentines this year would be. I want to make my boyfriend smile, big. He's pretty manly, but when it comes to me, all of his walls come down. Tell me some cute, ideas for Valentines Day! (: Pretty please, and thank you(:

• Darien
    13 years ago

Take him out for steak. That's pretty manly. Better yet, make him a steak dinner!... lol also beer, men like beer.

I don't really know many men that care about Valentine's Day to be honest.

• Allanah Asphyxia
    13 years ago

Lol! My boyfriend is only 17, :p So, the beer is out. Haha. He doesn't even like beer, :P Thank you anyway! (:

• DeafBeats
    13 years ago

How about a picnic? Or if one of you drives, find a place with a nice view or scenery, bring some light food and just spend time together.

Or, being cheesy, you could have a movie night. Stay in doors all cosy and warm ... together. haha. I hope you find something ^.^

• Darien
    13 years ago

Ok fine, here's an actual idea.

It probably doesn't have the same effect on guys, but when I gave it to a girl for Valentine's Day, she loved it.

I made a basket of things that represented her. 14 different items, very affordable things. She loved Winnie the Pooh, her favourite character was Tigger, so I got her a small tigger stuffed animal. She loved corona, so I got her a corona beer opener. Her star sign was aquarius, so I got her a key chain with the symbol. Her favourite chocolate was kit kat, so I got her one of those.

Just small, simple things that represent him.

Going out for Valentine's Day is overrated. Do something in doors and cheap, the movie suggestion is a great idea.

• Darien
    13 years ago

There's an unofficial 'Man's Day'. Most men know of it, but they call it something different. It involves Steak and something else. You might have heard of it... LOL

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

^BAHAHAHA

Britt, you saucy minx.

I've had boyfriends pretty constantly since I was 16, and I've never really done much of anything for Valentine's Day. Once my ex-boyfriend and I sat in his apartment and watched the Neverending Story and ate popcorn balls. My female friend was also there.

A couple years ago that same girl friend and I decided to make a big fancy dinner for ourselves, since both of our boyfriends were out of town. We made lemon chicken and artichokes.

V day isn't the best. Instead of feeling pressure to make it perfect, take the time to reflect on why you two are actually together. Do something you both like, and just be together. Kiss and stuff. Yup.

• Allanah Asphyxia
    13 years ago

Wel, I mean of course I won't go "All Out" but this is the first time in about 3 years, that I'll actually have a "Valentine." I just want it to be cute, sweet, and simple. I loved the 14 random items. Thats a really cute idea! (: I actually might do it. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this post,(:

• Darien
    13 years ago

Yup, that idea is a Darien original. Enjoy it.

• Mask of Pain
    13 years ago

I think i'm going to do the 14 things to. And so may my friend for her boyfriend.

• Milton
    13 years ago

"Valentines Day is coming!"

Don't remind me. >_>

• Darien
    13 years ago

Lol I know, if I can't do my idea this year, I might as well have other people do it! So people, start making your lists of things they like/favourites.

I still the a movie night idea is good. If you could find out some of the movies they watched when they were a kid, it would be pretty romantic.

I would love to wrap myself up in a blanket with a girl and just watch the Sound of Music, or An American Tale, or even Hook! Those were some classics I loved as a kid.

• Viola
    13 years ago

Make him something. I've sadly run out of very good ideas too.

Can you cook? Men love food. Haha.

Um just enjoy each other I guess. I think staying together inside is better than going out. Cuddle and watch something or cook together.

For our anniversary I bought a map of the city and marked down on the map places that mean something to us. Like on whatever intersection I put a sticky note that said OUR FIRST DATE, or where we met, or our favourite restaurant, or our first kiss. Stuff like that. I filled it up with as many places I could think of and then wrote him a note that said "I hope we can fill up this entire map with memories us of together, I love you."

Simple, cute, affordable, and thoughtful. The map now resides on his wall as a poster. :)
    Just thought I'd share that in case anyone wanted to do it.

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

^^^ i agree wihth her:D

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

My boyfriend and I are making cupcakes together. Fun and (hopefully) delicious!

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

The cupcakes turned out splendidly. How was your Man Day, Britt? And did all of your significant others like their 14 random objects?

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

"We spent all Sunday shooting our bows..."

^ What a befitting activity for Valentine's Day, Cupid would be proud, haha.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I especially like how nontraditional it was. You know, not the traditional dinner, flowers, chocolates, movies, the works. This year my fiance and I and my family were all going to go to a resort and snowmobile, but that never got of the ground for some reason.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

Mmm, taco salad. My favorite! Although I'm sure the kind of taco salad I'm thinking of varies from what you call taco salad. The kind of taco salad I'm thinking doesn't have any tacos or nachos at all. I call it Nacho-ordinary Taco Salad. It's delicious!