Family problem

• A F
    13 years ago

It's always been my mother, I mean, she's always been there for me and my 2 other siblings. My dad is usually out of the country cuz of work. My mum has been putting up with my dad's stuff for too long. Well the problem is, my dad being away, has other gfs. Mum found some texts just minutes ago, but dad has left the country already. And it makes me so freaking mad, and it hurts me to see my mother get hurt. It's just too messed up. I want to talk to my dad about this matter but I don't know. It's all sucky at the moment. UGH.

Please watch the language. Thanks!

• Darien
    13 years ago

First off, you may want to edit your post of the profanity before the Mods see it.

Second, you should talk to your mother about the situation, and find a solution that will be better for both of you. Your father doesn't seem to be interested in your family, if you have a good relationship with him, you may want to talk to him as well. If not, then it's clear that he needs to leave, or you need to leave. But I suggest talking to your mother to find a suitable solution. It's not worth staying with someone that doesn't love you.

• A F
    13 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. I didn't know.

Anyway, I do talk to my mum about it and told her that maybe she should just leave him. My older brother on the other hand, told my mum otherwise. And I don't want my younger sister to grow up without a father. Idk.. I feel like if I said some things it might stir up the situation and both my parents will make a bad decision. That's what scares me.

• Darien
    13 years ago

Your sister seems to be growing up without a father anyway. If you already talk to your mom, you need to talk to your father. He needs to know he is breaking the family apart. Your decisions should be based on his reactions. If he is defensive about it, he knows whats going on and he doesn't care. If he questions it, he doesn't realize what's going on. If he ignores you, it means he doesn't care. But you need to TALK, COMMUNICATE. Otherwise your thoughts are left unsaid. Everything should be put out there, people don't read minds!

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

My dad had numerous affairs when i was little, it tore my famyly apart. my one brother committed suicide and other brother died whilst in jail. they went off the rails after my dad left but you just gotta hang in there!! it is so hard to see your parents doing things that dont only hurt you but one another too but in the end you cant control what they do but you DO have the right to voice your feelings about the situation!! speak to your parents, ask them for both their sides. maybe they need councelling or something to help get to the underlying problems before this gets any worse. anyway, if you ever need someone to chat to or anything feel free to inbox me.