Forget n Forgive?

• MeandYouDidLove
    13 years ago

I've dated this guy for quite sometime, or well a year, and basically I broke up because of the decisions I was making. Next day...he gets a new girlfriend for the new years. A lot of drama went down and we talked it over...But things are really awkward. We talk online sometimes but it's really not a lot in school. He ask my friends about me, and never comes up to ask me what's up, although he chimes is with jokes I have with friends. Whats up with this? I still love him and all, but it's like should I just move on?

• DeafBeats
    13 years ago

Is he single again and coming back to you?

• MeandYouDidLove
    13 years ago

No he's dating a girl that is 2 grade lvls. down from us.

• Darien
    13 years ago

Move on, he clearly has. You broke up with him for a reason, and you should stick to it. If he had ANY feelings for you, he wouldn't have dated another girl so quickly. So save yourself the pain and forget about him. Again, MOVE ON.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

^ I concur.

Anyone who can date another person just after two days you were broken up obviously didn't have as strong a feelings for you, and if they do then obviously they have separation, abandonment or some other kind of issues or are just relationship inept, in my opinion. Forget him and move on.

• MeandYouDidLove
    13 years ago

Yeah thanks you all, I figure it isn't all to worry about, because if he really did care he wouldn't had move on like that. I'll forgive him, but he wants to be friends. But I'm going to turn down that opportunity.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

Sometimes people are relationship inept. What I mean by that is, sometimes people don't realize that, yeah, you may be broken up and that if you go on a date or in other situations sleep with another person that it shouldn't matter to that other person, but in that other person's heart the relationship and their feelings for you doesn't end that quick. It doesn't make the hurt any less either.

If that makes sense. I'm at a loss for words today.

• Sean
    13 years ago

Sometimes, people jump straight into the company of someone else after a break up as a way to feel better.

Atleast i do.

• Darien
    13 years ago

I know you guys like to help, but this post is a bit old, and I'm sure the OP has the issue under control.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

You're right, I'm sure the OP got all the advise she wanted and has the situation under control.

"I know you guys like to help, but this post is a bit old..."

^ So is the thread "What's the most important thing in a relationship?". The OP had a specific situation she wanted addressed, I'm sure she got all the advise she wanted and has the situation under control, but other people, yourself included, still reply. Why? Likely because they want to share their opinions and maybe, just maybe, not only help the OP but anyone else who may be going through the same situation or have the same questions but are too afraid, embarrassed or other to make it public but could learn or take the advise from another thread. I know I've gotten PM's from a number of people who were too afraid to post about it publicly, they'd read a topic similar to their situation and liked my advise so they'd PM me to get my advise or opinion on their specific situation.

Like I said, I think you're right that the OP is no longer in need of help. I'm not trying to start something. But I also think that her thread can be of benefit to others who are in similar situations or have similar questions. They can learn from and take away the advise that's been said here if they think it could help them. Any thread here can be of benefit to others, not just the person who made them. :)

• Darien
    13 years ago

This topic is a specific person's situation, it was not meant to be an open ended question. Such as the post "What's the most important thing in a relationship". She wanted advice for her own situation.

IF anyone had their own problem or situation like this, I'm sure they would post their own thread. No one comes on the boards looking through threads for their problem or situation. They will post one that is more personal to them.

Instead of bumping old posts, if you feel as though you have sufficent input, you can always PM the original poster.