So, how do i even get a guy to like me...?

• Krista
    13 years ago

I'm seventeen, and I've never been in a relationship that's lasted more than four days. Last time I was "dating" someone was in the 6th grade, and like I mentioned earlier, it lasted 4 days. Now I'm a senior in high school. I'm seriously the only girl in my class that hasn't dated someone at some point in high school. I don't want to go off to college not knowing what dating someone is like. There's this one guy I like, but I don't know how to tell him I do... Help?

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

Well just be yourself. and flirt with him make it look cute but not slutty. give him hint that you like him. and if he likes you to he would know what you r trying to say and ask you out... but best of luck

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

It might be better that you go to college without a boyfriend, anyhow. I was seventeen before I had a boyfriend, too... I doubt you're the only one! In any case, high school relationships are pretty overrated.

However, having some experience dating is not a bad idea, so long as you're dating because you like a person, and not just because "everyone else is doing it." When you go to college there will be a huge, great opportunity to meet new people in the first few months. Let the sparks fly, but take it slow. Dating in college is not the same as dating in sixth grade, so... try to get some experience without getting in over your head. I was kind of like you, with my lack of high school/middle school dating, and my first relationship ended up being a long serious one. Looking back, I wonder if I might have ended it sooner if I had had "practice." As it was, I had never had a boyfriend before, had no experience with realizing when it should be over, and dragged the whole thing years past its expiration date.

So I guess my advice is to forget "fitting in," get out there, meet people, take small steps, and protect yourself.

• Darien
    13 years ago

^^ I agree!

There's no point in trying to fit in. Otherwise you might end up like some of the kids on here asking for advice for break-ups and heartbreak. No need to rush in to anything right now. Waiting for college is definitely a good idea, because you meet people you'll be friends with for a long time. It's also a very easy way to make friends and meet new people.

• Unseen Exposure
    13 years ago

If there is anything I've learned, its that being honest is the best way to go. Consider your options, what do you have to lose? You might as well just tell him how you feel! In order to be in a relationship, you have to be willing to take risks and be willing to put your heart out there. Sometimes it gets broken, but there's ALWAYS sunshine after the rain.

• Viola
    13 years ago

Let me tell you I did not date, nor kiss,or do anything with a guy until I got to university. (I did kind of 'date' for a short period but I wouldn't say it counts). I had moments when I felt like you did but I just thought I shouldn't go out and LOOK for love, I should let it FIND me. And sure enough it did in my first year of university. Now I'm in my second and things are getting serious.
    But anyway my point is, high school relationships are more than often immature and quick. You don't learn much, and just get hurt and might rush into things you don't want to do in the process. So just hold off on it for now. Love will find you. And when when it does you will be more mature and ready to deal with it's challenges (because it's not always as easy as it sounds, relationships can be hard).

• Sean
    13 years ago

My love at the moment was 23 before she met me - her first boyfriend, her first nearly everything.

From what she tells me she's grateful that she waited but wasn't at all grateful before.

Did i think anything less of her being that age without ever having a boyfriend? No, i bloody loved it :)

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

Just be yourself :)
    if you really like someone then get to know them better, spend time with them and just let them see who YOU are and the right guy will come around and make you so happy :) just hang in there girl and remember "to be yourself is all that you can be"

• Misshapenheart21
    13 years ago

One of my older friends didnt date until she was a senior in college and the relationship lasted for a long time and after they broke up, they became really good friends, it seems like if you're more mature, then break ups hurt less, or at least thats what it was like for her