Depressed..

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

I just recently moved from California all the way to new jersey. In California I was always put down by my father and grandma.. and pretty much all the family I had there. I had friends.. but they really didn't feel like friends.. I moved to new jersey to live with my mom.. but I'm still depressed. I have a boyfriend. A family that doesn't pick at all my stupid flaws.. but why am I still depressed?

• Narphangu
    13 years ago

Depression can have both internal and external triggers. Sometimes it's something you can control, and sometimes you just have to ride it out and focus on the good in life. I don't presume to know how you feel, but I know that when I have similar feelings to what you describe, I tend to stop talking to people and letting people in on what's going on. I internalize everything and stop interacting with the world, and it only ever makes it worse.
    So... there isn't really a "reason" for why you feel this way, but there are steps you can take to try to help yourself. Talking candidly to your mom, your family, even your boyfriend if you think it's appropriate, might just take some of the edge off.

Or feel free to message me, too, if you'd rather. I'm happy to listen.
    :)
    Feel better!

• Beautiful Chaos
    13 years ago

Just because our situation changes doesn't mean we leave our baggage behind. I could become a millionaire tomorrow and maybe my money problems would be gone, but my emotional ones would remain.

• Darien
    13 years ago

It doesn't happen over night. Once you start settling down in New Jersey, you'll start to make new friends, things will start to slowly change. Hopefully that depression will melt away. Just stay positive!

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

I am staying positive. I had my first day of work yesterday.. but everyone was sad because a coworker who is 18 got in a car crash and died...

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

Thanks. Meeting new people just seems hard out here. No one comes out till its summer here in jersey lol.