Not what it sems?

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Okay so i can only hope he doesn't come to this particular thread cause he'll know it's him...

so a friend of mine, on here obviously, the way he acts i thought he liked me. he kept calling me beautiful and hun and saying things. particularly: i love you.
    odd right?

so was i out of place to think he liked me? we were talking and got to talking about relationships and he said, i quote:
    "We will never be more than friends. friends with benifits maybe"

this after saying:
    "I would so be the guy to fix you if i weren't already taken"

so now i'm having trouble talking to him normally and our conversations just... fall. this came at an already bad time so it's worse

any help?

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Let's see... sparsely(sp?) for about a few weeks, mainly about eachother's poems. but more so the last week about.
    yet he still talks the same, saying the same things

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Well after the talk we had, it'd be weird to just say "hey don't say that". he asked if i liked him after that and i basically said
    "well i never thought about it but it would do no good so why does it matter. i wouldn't feel that way about anyone anyways"

so if i did ask him to stop, (he's become a good friend) would that be telling him : hey I do/did actually like you and now you’re confusing me saying things like that?
    would it be odd just out of the blue?

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Yeah lol, just messageing on here and texting.
    the experience you said you had, i was thinking something like that may happen.
    the other reasonis because we did start talking due to mutual depression and i had a friend somilar to this before. difference is, he did actually like me and told me so for a fact. when he was also depressed and when i brought up the way he talked and that he was friend i cared for but not quite like that right then, he disappeared. that was almost 4 years ago and i don't know if he's still alive or not.

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

Sometimes guys can be very annoying...This is one of those times. I've been through this a lot, and I was confused at the time. The first time I went through this I actually believed the guy and thought I was in love with him (I was young then)... it tore me to peaces to know that he wasn't into me, and that he was in love with another. Although it was clear that we were just friends, but like you said, acting awkwardly and saying I love you and other "hints" make you feel otherwise.

This happened to me later with two other guys; the first one is a colleague in uni, and the other is a person I met online. I acted normally and took it as a "he loves me as a friend" thing. They still act that way, but I don't pay much attention to it. The thing is, when guys want a girl, they go for her and tell her honestly what they want. Don't take hints, and don't interpret words and actions. If he really has feelings for you, he'll tell you honestly and explain how he loves you. Don't talk to him about it... guys get arrogant if you do and they feel vulnerable. They don't like being asked questions and being rushed into things, let him figure it out at his own pace.

In the end I'd like to put in a nice fact here: Guy friends are just like girlfriends, they'll act like your girlfriend would act and they'll treat you like a guy. So, don't worry or misunderstand if they say I love you occasionally, because they mean it as a friend would mean it.

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

^But if they want to be "friends with benefits..." that's not like most girl friends.

Did you say this fellow already had a girlfriend?

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Yes, he does. which is why that really threw me, isn't that really odd/inappropriate to say considering he is already in a relationship?

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

Well no because most guy when thy say "i love you" in just a couple of weeks really dont mean it but if you are talking to a guy for a couple of months then they might just mean it... and then by him sayin just being friends with benefits you know that he is just looking for someone to have fun with. and then thats when you gotta think that you mite not be the only one he is sayin i love you to. because when a guy says i love you to a girl the girl creates a story in her mind that he really does love her and in reality its us who are making everything thing up. but my advice is just be careful so you wont get hurt

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

But the thing is, i'm not really all that interested in him because he's rather... trying my patience because he's not making much sense.
    he's always saying "if we meet..." and whatnot. the other day he said "if we actually met would you kiss me? because i would kiss you. i love you"
    so like i said, he's really trying my patience with this lol

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

^ Agreed... you were quick and straight forward with that. It seems so easy.
    Listen to Dave; it's best to stop it now while you can.

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

Saying "I love you" with only talking for a few weeks and not knowing each other is weird.. Idk.. I get a weird.feeling about this whole thing..

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Thanx dave ^_^ i already stand by at the very absolute least, 98% of that lol especially the first one and not saying things because he wants to hear it. and yes i've already made it clear "you have a girlfriend so don't joke" and whatnot. he talks about her often too by the way (lol)

• Viola
    13 years ago

I met a guy on here years ago and we ended up going out. It didn't actually last because it turned out in real life we weren't all that attracted to each other but it was still a good experience. I'm just trying to point out that dating someone from here is not a bad thing (but of course you should be careful).

Anyway, about your situation, some guys are just players. Flirting with you, or more like keeping you on the side, while he already has a girlfriend can only mean that he is not mature or worth your time. He clearly needs to grow up.

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

Okay so, technically you have never meet him.

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

^nope

and yeah, i know about people like that viola. as far as i'm concerned, i know he's not worth it in the typical sense but he has become a good friend even with all this mess lol

• Viola
    13 years ago

Being friends with him is fine, just don't entertain his two-timing ideas any longer.

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

I don't, didn't, and wouldn't