What do you think i should do???

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

I have an ex boyfriends who i haven't been able to forget. its been about 1year and half since we split up. we stop talking completely for about 6months and about a year ago we started talking as friends but i told him straight out that i still loved him and he told me he still loved me to. but he said that no matter what he still felt for me he would never date me again. so that broke my heart again. he then dated someone for a couple of months so we stopped talking again for about a couple of months we would only say hi little things like that cause i wanted to respect his relationship with someone else. but he is now single and i am single too. my feeling for him are still there and i tried dating other guys but its not the same like when i was with him. my friends tell me i should stop talking to him because i am only hurting myself. what should i do. should i stop talking to him completely or should i continue talking to him even-though i still cant forget about him. or should i tell him i still love him.. what do you think i should do.

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

"i told him straight out that i still loved him and he told me he still loved me to. but he said that no matter what he still felt for me he would never date me again."
    Why is that? I mean if he still loves you he should date you. I think you should either stop talking to him (at least until you're over him) or start dating again. Don't tell him you still love him, ask him if you could date again, if he doesn't want to then you'll have to stop talking to him.. because as your friends said, you're only hurting yourself.

• ladiiie
    12 years ago

Yea he says we can never date again because of the distance between us. he lives about 7hrs away from me. but i do think you are right just like my friends i do think i should stop talking to him because just when i am ready to let go he comes back into my life and my feelings for him come back. like i try to move forward but i dont know why i am always holding back. i guess its cause i still love him and i dont know but i still have hope that maybe just maybe one day we would get back together. but its been a pretty long time and we are still just friends so i am starting to doubt it. but i do think your right maybe i should stop talking to him.

• ladiiie
    12 years ago

Yes it was hard being in a relationship with because i was never able to drive to go see him because i didnt know how to drive on the freeway so he had to come and see me. but i would tell him to have patient with me that i was learning. but i finally learn but it was to late. i do understand that it was always him trying to make an effort to see but i tried to aswell but my family is old school and they dont think i should be the to go see the guy so they are very overprotective. but i know if we were to give it another chance it might work out.

see its cute that yall work out. and that yall never let the distance get in the way. but i wish mine was like i wish he didnt give up on me that quickly. cause i never gave up. but it must hve been hard 4out 6 yrs wow..

and yeah i trust him but he trusted me to but his friends got to him and little by little he keep slipping away until i lost him.

i try to. i really try so hard to just stop talking to him. but time goes by and i start dating people but then he come back into my life and all my feelings come back. friends say its because he was my first love and thats why its hard for me to let go. but i know i really do need too stop talking to him atleast for like a really long time. i just dont know how to do it?

• ladiiie
    12 years ago

Oooh yess ii know what you mean. i am now a pretty good driver on the freeway i get on it all the time, but i still dont mean i will go drive to see him. haha.
    but its true long distance relationship isnt for everyone and i guess it wasnt for him either.
    but yess i would feel that way to. going out with my friends and they bring their bf along made me feel single-out i wish i had someone holding my hand, hugging and things that like. but i always knew that no matter the distance i still loved him the same way. and no his friends did like me they would tell him that i might be with other guy blah blah blah and little by little he started to believe them but he was all i truly loved and care about besides my family or close friends.

its hard, everyone tell me i should delete him from facebook and delete him from my phone and even change my number. and i know its the right thing to do. its hard tho. and i know ii have to do it. but i dont know how to do it.