I'm too scared to try to pursue.

• LittleMissReality
    12 years ago

There's a nice guy I met. My roommate is trying to convince me he's interested. Although I'm the girl who NEVER thinks a guy is interested.
    Well we danced at the bar Thursday, and then i guess he was starting highly doubt it.
    Well I inboxed him on facebook today about his facebook status. We talked for a bit asked him to hang with us sometime because we always only see him at the bar. Well then I got off, and told him to text me sometime.. I need tips on talking to this guy without seeming to interested. I always go about guys the wrong way, you think after 20 years I would learn hahaha

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

Didn't you just break up with another guy a month ago?

• AngelicDecadence
    12 years ago

What's wrong with getting back out there after a month? O.o

And let him come to you! :) Don't force anything, if he's honestly interested then he'll chase you.

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

^ ditto Elizabeth.

Let your friends think other guys are interested all they want. How do they truly know. If a guy did like you would it be wise to really get into another relationship after you just got out of one? If I recall a rather 'rocky' relationship at that?

Do you personally feel you need to be in a relationship right now? DO you feel life would be just fine if you didn't have someone on your arm? Overall why worry about it? Let things happen naturally if they're going to. But don't go looking for a relationship. To me it seems desperate almost as if being single just won't do. Enjoy being single, make friends with guys and girls. Don't pursue anything other than friendships. I think you'll find far more value in that.

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

Excuse me Angel, but did I say it was wrong? Not at all. So don't put words into my mouth hunny, okay. I simply asked a reasonable question in regards to another post the OP recently made. I personally find it is strange that only after a month of breaking up with someone you claim was your whole world and meant everything to you that you are already "moving on". That is all. As Amanda already pointed out, I ask because I have to wonder whether or not it would be wise to get into another relationship so quickly right after she got out of one in which she had strong feelings for that person.

And I agree with you Amanda 100%, you literally took the words right out of my mouth.

My advise would also be to spend less time wanting to be or looking to be in a relationship or that special someone at this time and more time cherishing what you already have. Don't rush into a relationship or force feelings right now, let things develop and grow on their own accord naturally over time if that's the direction it'll head in. If not, if it doesn't look like things are heading in that direction, don't worry about it. Enjoy being single and content with just being friends. If you put more effort into just being his friend than trying to be his girlfriend or just as much effort into trying to be friends as you would trying to be more than friends, it will grab his attention and will give him a better idea about you.

When my fiance and I first met we started out as just friends, even though we secretly wanted to be more than friends. I didn't try to be his girlfriend, I just tried to be his friend. And I wasn't pretending to be his friend in hopes we could be something more either, I was genuinely interested in being his friend and getting to know him as such. Needless to say it grabbed his attention. He said that it only attracted him more to me and that it made him respect me more for it because I was genuinely interested in getting to know him and in being friends, compared to other girls he'd previously dated or met who he said were all to eager to rush into the relationship or to get into his pants. We didn't rush into or force anything, we let the relationship develop and feelings grow naturally on their own accord over time. We've been together for about 5 years now.

• LittleMissReality
    12 years ago

Thanks all! I feel that I just let the presure of my friends and family effect me. I guess I'm rather jealous. my ex and i are definitely over. I had anice talk with my new roommate and he treated me poorly and i was trying to use me.
    My current roommate has a bf and hasn't been single all year on her 3rd or 4th bf and i almost feel like she's rubbing it in.
    I just get lonely when i see my brothers with their gfs at family things but I also realize they're 7 and 10 yrs older than me.

I actually forgot I asked this. I'm going with the flow and going to try to be a friend :)

• Amanda Frost
    12 years ago

I look at it this way. you're only young once. so its ok to get back out there in the dating game. good luck :)

• Miss MakeUp
    12 years ago

Hey honestly is this a place for judging? No I think not. Soo yeah I do think @ Elizabeth you're comment about recently breaking up was a little bit rude. We are not to be judged here.

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

^ How is this in any way helpful to the OP?

Elizabeth was right to ask what she did. If someone is going in and out of relationships that is a red flag. This is a place for advice and sometime advice on things 'left unsaid'. Getting to the root of the problem instead of saying "OMGZ girl go for it!! " is far more valuable IMHO. We are here to give advice on 'love and relationships'. When we notice a pattern or at least when I do a red flag goes up and you dig deeper and try to find the source of the problem. To give ANY kind of advice requires a person to judge the situation and possibly the person. Attacking someone however is not allowed and not to be confused with judging the situations/person. Nothing mean or rude was said.. only an observation was made. Telling the truth or seeking a truthful answer is not rude...

Could you be so kind as to give the OP advice as that's what this is for. Not to make snide remarks about others posts. At least she stayed on topic...

This is rather old so hopefully she's been able to figure things out. My advice is the same as before.

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

Wow, all this dramatization over a simple question? Since when was it "rude" or "mean" to ask questions?

I agree with you Amanda. "This is a place for advice and sometime advice on things 'left unsaid'." When giving advise I do not typically respond with one-liners, such as "OMGZ girl go for it!" as you pointed out, I do not find them helpful or insightful. I ask questions to get to the root of the problem, to get a better understanding of the situation/person and to better formulate my response specifically to that person and their situation. When I do share my advise and experience I am honest, genuine and empathetic. I find this approach to be more valuable, constructive and appreciated. It was a simple question and had no underlying motives other than to get more insight to the situation and better advise the OP. It shouldn't have been confused for anything else, I'm sorry if it was confusing to anyone but even so that doesn't give anyone the right to exaggerate this way and respond in this manner. I was far from being judgmental of the OP, I'm not that kind of person and no one has a right to make that kind of claim when they don't know me or my intentions.

I do not appreciate when people pick through your words and only address certain things you mentioned while -ignoring- the rest. Also, when people misinterpret what you meant and start making false claims blindly without seeking clarification. Miss, I don't see where you think you have a right to make snide remarks at my expense or how you can acknowledge my question in the first post I'd made and ignore the fact that in my second post I actually expanded on my question as well as provided valuable insight and constructive advise to the OP. I don't understand how you can be so judgmental of me and my posts while -you- have not contributed any advise or insight to the topic or the OP yourself. Also, alternatively, rather than making snide remarks and jumping to conclusions that my question was meant as a judgement, a more respectable and simpler approach would have been to just respectfully -ask- me to expand on my question. I would have gladly re-explained things and returned the respect.

If the OP felt I was rude or mean and if she wasn't comfortable answering my question or thought it to be inappropriate she would have said so, if she did and if she was I would be more than understanding of that and would apologize. However, she was appreciative of my (and others) honest advise and unoffended by my question.

Instead of making snide remarks at my expense, try contributing valuable insight and constructive advise to the OP that -she- can benefit from. That's the idea behind these kind of threads. And instead of jumping to conclusions, next time be respectful and just ask.