Do u have any sujestions??

• Amilo
    19 years ago

photos inspire me sometimes.. you could browse for inspirational photos and if you stare at it and sort of daydream, an idea might come to you... or at least, it does for me.

listening to music is inspiring.

or, perhaps the best way is to wait until you feel emotional, then put your emotions into words.

last but not least... always use a spellchecker

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Subjects for you:

Postmen
    Black handled scissors
    My guitar string snapped
    Pop goes the music
    Why is abbreviation such a long word?
    The randomness and predictability of dice
    Low quality headphones
    She returned my rose
    Why is it called a jewel case when it's not diamond encrusted?
    Covering other people's songs to start a career
    The perfect toenail clipping
    Green
    Percussion and a broken thumb
    A day in the life of a martian shoe shine

Plenty there to get your imagination kick started.

Bert

• SmileeItsBritt
    19 years ago

I think that just write about how your feeling!!!

• t i f f a n y ♥
    19 years ago

Just write about what's in your heart. Something or someone that you love or hate. Or something that made you mad or sad.

I don't usually sit down and make myself write something. It just comes to me when I least expect it. I'll just be sitting down or watching tv, listening to music, anything and a sentence will just pop into my head and I will all of a sudden have a poem.

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

Correct spelling?

xoxZoexox

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

awww shucks... *makes a note* I feel like a right cock knocker now... pass the Absynthe someone.

• Amilo
    19 years ago

Actually, it was in the first post....

• Annie
    19 years ago

*Ignoring the spelling*
    So you need ideas for poetry? If there weren't so many kiddos on the site trying to write about their nonexistant-once-love I would suggest falling in love with someone and having them rip your heart out and gobble up your soul... leaving you hardly able to move, let alone write... but with your last bit of energy you scribble thoughtful testaments to thoughts and composure on a cocktail napkin from Arby's....
    or you could write about something completely random. Giraffes are always fun. So are bank tellers.
    Actually, forget about the first part..... my computer will explode if this site has more poems about love. I really wish the people at this site would make sure to be in love before they write in the manner in which they do.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I done got to read Annie's stuff now!

• ElegantlyWasted
    19 years ago

A suggestion: Don't force feelings just for the sake of writing a poem. I often find the best poems come from the weirdest of thoughts and moments.

Maybe that's just me.
    ;;--

• Broken Hearted Immortal
    19 years ago

life love death happiness depression pick one

• -
    19 years ago

u r correct, friends~

justplainme claims to be above us all with his "formal training" in poetry, but (oh my God) he actually made a mistake!

stay kewl! l8ter! :^)=

• -
    19 years ago

justplainme,

f*ck off. i do what i want. also, smiley faces are fine by me. "cheers" is what gets on my nerves.
    :^)=

p.s. don't talk about my name when u don't know what it means. u aren't worthy enough for the explanation....

• no1important
    19 years ago

I find that listening to music helps. Find a song that means the most to you and just listen to the story that it tell. Then write. Hopfully that helps. See YA!