Robert Frost

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

What are your thoughts and comments on Robert Frost? Post your favorite pomes. You may also talk and post about other famous authors & poets.Be respectful and kind. Just have fun and enjoy life :) and thanx to all who participate. :) * <3
    A Robert Frost site:http://www.internal.org/Robert_Frost

Let's start with some of my favorites :)

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

"Fire And Ice"
    Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if I had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say thay for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.
    ~Robert Frost

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

Http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=126917

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

What?

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

"Nothing Gold Can Stay"
    Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn hose down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.
    ~Robert Frost

• Tara Kay
    12 years ago

Silvershoes has already posted this topic on that link, about a year ago, check out the discussion there

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

^^Just a link to another thread on PnQ from awhile ago about Robert Frost if you care to check it out.

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

Oh ok sorry I didn't know

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

No, please don't apologize... this thread is fine! Keep posting in it, I think it's a great idea. I only wanted to give you another thread to read that you might be interested in :)

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

Oh ok thanx :)

• rachael
    12 years ago

Classic Frost - "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening." I know, it's famous enough as to be unoriginal here, but it is tough to beat the classics...that's why classics are classic!

I tend to read Frost more frequently when I am in better spirits, which has been infrequently as of late. My mind associates his prose with extroverted reflective appreciation and I am drawn to his poems when I am inclined to feel connected as opposed to feeling isolated by/in (usually negative) emotion. His famed exaltations of natural phenomena is more attractive to me when I am already inclined to be more observant of the external wonder of the world and less so when I am inclined to be introspective or narrowly self-reflective. In those times I am drawn to the darker writing of poets like Poe and Phillip Larkin.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

That is interesting, how we sometimes tend to surround ourselves with stimuli that reaffirm our own emotions. You'd think when we are sad, we would want to do things like watch happy movies... but I find myself doing the opposite as well, often enough. Maybe I just have a propensity towards wallowing...

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

It is hard to beat the classics but i see them there to learn from. reading their poems seems to get me inspired but Robert Frost is and always be my # one favorite. I see them their to inspire the world which is something i would like to do some day. And ur right bout the emotion thing, when i'm heartbroken or sad i seem to be drawn to read or watch movies towards the same emotion to eaither self pitty myself or to feel bertter.maybe even to dream of love or better things

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

"sleep.
    Those little slices of death.
    How i loathe them."
    --Edgar Allan Poe
    is another favorite maybe u guys can help me understand it. I've always been drawn to it, idk why but one day i'll understand :)

• Fern Hill
    12 years ago

I think that Home Burial by Frost is genius. It is more of a dialogue than a poem - in fact it would make a great short radio play. But I've rarely come across a piece of writing so nakedly true abot men and women. It's heartbreaking.

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

I haven't read it but I'll check it out :)

Keep writing hearing ur thoughts has been a genuine pleasure :) if that makes sense.

• christopher
    12 years ago

Brilliant gifted poet so much created in so few lines that is poetry at it's best.