Why?

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

Does anyone know or have any idea why we are invisable to those whom we love, yet we totally ignore those who absolutely adore us?

Also, would anyone be able to tell me why it is people focus souley on the devistating parts of love instead of all the happiness and joy that it can also possess?

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

The answer is simple: Fear... we are afraid to love and lose; whether it's loss of love, or loss of the person. We can't control that fear, but we can face it, and facing it and going through the experience helps us cope with it the next time.

As for your second question, if you look at it, we do that with everything! We as human beings most of the time focus on the bad effects of something to learn from them. We forget to look at the good parts and figure out how they happened. Look at parents for instance, they always get angry when you do something wrong, but don't seem to notice when you do something good... because they expect good from you and are shocked with the bad behavior. Same thing happens in love.

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

Thank you for your help, but just to double check, is anyone else able to even attempt to answer either of my questions?

• Britt
    12 years ago

I think fear for both. Everyone is afraid of rejection so they got into relational isolation, which is the beginning of a downward spiral.

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

Well, I guess that is a good point. I mean the majority of the world lives in fear of all kinds of things...